Mouse Pentraxin 3/TSG-14 Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of mouse PTX3 spiked to three levels throughout the range of the assay was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||107||98-119|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||98||90-110|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||95||81-100|
Mouse Pentraxin 3/TSG-14 ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Background: Pentraxin 3/TSG-14
Pentraxin 3 (PTX3), also known as TNF-stimulated gene 14 (TSG-14), is a secreted glycoprotein belonging to the Pentraxin family of proteins. It is the prototypical long Pentraxin, exhibiting a C-terminal Pentraxin domain characteristic of the family, and a unique N-terminal domain. It is produced by several cell types including endothelial and mononuclear cells. PTX3 acts as a pattern recognition receptor with non-redundant roles in the innate immune response to several microbial agents including the fungal pathogen Aspergillus fumigatus. Overexpression leads to enhanced pro-inflammatory responses. PTX3 is induced in response to LPS and inflammatory cytokines including TNF-alpha and IL-1 beta.
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 50 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, Control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 4 times for a total of 5 washes.
- Add 100 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 5 times.
- Add 100 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 100 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Mouse Pentraxin 3/TSG-14 Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 3
Filter your results:
MicroRNA-224 is involved in the regulation of mouse cumulus expansion by targeting Ptx3.
Authors: Yao G, Liang M, Liang N, Yin M, Lu M, Lian J, Wang Y, Sun F
Mol Cell Endocrinol, 2014;382(1):244-53.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
Endothelial pentraxin 3 contributes to murine ischemic acute kidney injury.
Authors: Chen, Jianlin, Matzuk, Martin M, Zhou, Xin J, Lu, Christop
Kidney Int, 2012;82(11):1195-207.
Sample Types: Plasma
Protective effects of long pentraxin PTX3 on lung injury in a severe acute respiratory syndrome model in mice.
Authors: Han, Bing, Ma, Xuezhong, Zhang, Jianhua, Zhang, Yu, Bai, Xiaohui, Hwang, David M, Keshavjee, Shaf, Levy, Gary A, McGilvray, Ian, Liu, Mingyao
Lab Invest, 2012;92(9):1285-96.
Sample Types: Serum
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Mouse Pentraxin 3/TSG-14 Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse Pentraxin 3/TSG-14 Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse Pentraxin 3/TSG-14 Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image