Recombinant Human BMP-7 GMP Protein, CF Summary
Manufactured and tested under cGMP guidelines.
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Acetonitrile and TFA.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 100-200 μg/mL in sterile 4 mM HCl.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
GMP-grade Recombinant Human BMP-7 (Catalog # 354-GMP) induces alkaline phosphatase production in the ATDC5 mouse chondrogenic cell line. The ED50 for this effect is 0.1-0.6 µg/mL. Three independent lots were tested for activity and plotted on the same graph to show lot-to-lot consistency of GMP BMP-7.
1 μg/lane of Recombinant Human GMP-grade BMP-7 (Catalog # 354-GMP) was resolved with SDS-PAGE under reducing (R) and non-reducing (NR) conditions and visualized by silver staining, showing multiple R bands at 19 and 23 kDa and multiple NR bands at 31, 37 and 58 kDa. Multiple bands under reducing conditions are due to variable glycosylation.
Bone morphogenetic protein 7 (BMP-7), also known as osteogenic protein 1 (OP-1), is a widely expressed TGF-beta superfamily member with important functions during embryogenesis, in the adult, and in disease (1, 2). Human BMP-7 is synthesized with a 29 amino acid (aa) signal sequence, a 263 aa propeptide, and a 139 aa growth factor domain (3, 4). The growth factor domain of human BMP-7 shares 98% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat BMP-7. The BMP-7 propeptide is cleaved intracellularly but remains in association with the growth factor domain. BMP-7 is subsequently secreted as a tetramer that consists of two propeptides and two disulfide-linked growth factor domains (5, 6). Mature BMP-7 can also form disulfide-linked heterodimers with BMP-2 or BMP-4, complexes that show increased potency and range of activity compared to BMP-7 homodimers (7-9). The presence of the propeptides in the BMP-7 tetramer does not diminish the bioactivity of the growth factor domains (6). Secreted BMP-7 is immobilized in the extracellular matrix as a result of interactions between the propeptide and matrix Fibrillin (5). BMP-7 exerts its biological effects through the type 2 receptors Activin RIIA, Activin RIIB, and BMPR-II and the type 1 receptors Activin RIA, BMPR-IA, and BMPR-IB (2, 6). BMP-7 plays a role in a variety of organ systems. It promotes new bone formation and nephron development (10, 11), inhibits the branching of prostate epithelium (12), and antagonizes epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) (13-15). In pathological conditions, BMP-7 inhibits tumor growth and metastasis (14), ameliorates fibrotic damage in nephritis (13), and promotes neuroregeneration following brain ischemia (16).
- Carreira, A.C. et al. (2015) J. Dent. Res. 93:335.
- Weiskirchen, R. and S.K. Meurer (2013) Front. Biosci. (Landmark Ed.) 18:1407.
- Ozkaynak, E. et al. (1990) EMBO J. 9:2085.
- Celeste, A.J. et al. (1990) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:9843.
- Gregory, K.E. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:27970.
- Sengle, G. et al. (2008) J. Mol. Biol. 381:1025.
- Israel, D.I. et al. (1996) Growth Factors 13:291.
- Aono, A. et al. (1995) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 210:670.
- Nishimatsu, S. and G.H. Thomsen (1998) Mech. Dev. 74:75.
- Sampath, T.K. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267:20352.
- Kazama, I. et al. (2008) J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 19:2181.
- Grishina, I.B. et al. (2005) Dev. Biol. 288:334.
- Zeisberg, M. et al. (2003) Nat. Med. 9:964.
- Buijs, J.T. et al. (2007) Am. J. Pathol. 171:1047.
- Yu, M.-A. et al. (2009) J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 20:567.
- Chou, J. et al. (2006) J. Neurol. Sci. 240:21.
Manufacturing SpecificationsGMP Proteins
R&D Systems, a Bio-Techne Brand's GMP proteins are produced according to relevant sections of the following documents: WHO TRS, No. 822, 1992 Annex 1, Good Manufacturing Practices for Biological Products; USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and USP Chapter 92, Growth Factors and Cytokines Used in Cell Therapy Manufacturing.
R&D Systems' quality focus includes:
- Manufactured and tested under an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 certified quality system
- Documented processes and QA control of documentation and process changes
- Personnel training programs
- Raw material testing and vendor qualification/monitoring
- Fully validated equipment, processes and test methods
- Equipment calibration schedules using a computerized calibration program
- Facility maintenance, safety programs and pest control
- Material review process for variances
- Monitoring of stability over product shelf-life
R&D Systems strives to provide our customers with the analytical characteristics of each product so that customers may determine whether our products are appropriate for their research. The Certificate of Analysis provided contains the following lot specific information:
- N-terminal amino acid analysis, SDS-PAGE analysis, and endotoxin level (as determined by LAL assay) performed on each bulk QC lot, not on individual bottlings of each QC lot
- Post-bottling lot-specific bioassay results (compliance with an established range) and results of microbial bioburden testing (using broth culture, Sabourand's dextrose and blood agar plates with results reported at 3 days and at 7 days)
- Host Cell Protein testing performed by ELISA
- Mycoplasma testing by ribosomal RNA hybridization assay
Additional testing and documentation requested by the customer can be arranged at an additional cost. Testing may include, but is not limited to, USP< 61> bioburden testing, positive identity testing, testing for adventitious agents and testing for residual host cell content.
Production records and facilities are available for examination by appropriate personnel on-site at R&D Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.
R&D Systems sells GMP grade products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use. They are not for in vivo use. Please read the following End User Terms prior to using this product.
Product Specific Notices
The End User is aware that R&D Systems, Inc. sells GMP products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use and not for in vivo use. The End User further agrees, as a condition of the sale of R&D Systems' GMP products that: a) the End User will not use this GMP Product in any procedure wherein the product may be directly or indirectly administered to humans, unless the End User has obtained, or prior to their use will have obtained, an Investigational New Drug (IND) exemption from the FDA and will use the product only in accordance with the protocols of such IND and of the Institutional Review Board overseeing the proposed research, or b) the End User will use the products outside of the United States in accordance with the protocols of research approved by the Institutional Review Board or authorized ethics committee and regulatory agencies to which the End User is subject to in their territory.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following limitation applies to R&D Systems' warranty and liability for damages: All products are warranted to meet R&D Systems' published specifications when used under normal laboratory conditions.
R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS. IN PARTICULAR, R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF SUITABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS AND/OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN R&D SYSTEMS AND PURCHASER FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS, R&D SYSTEMS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO PURCHASER ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THESE TERMS, AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY PURCHASER TO R&D SYSTEMS FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT WILL R&D SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS.
Full details of R&D Systems' Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found online at: RnDSystems.com/Legal.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human BMP-7 GMP Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human BMP-7 GMP Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human BMP-7 GMP Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image