Sample Shipping Instructions
Please obtain authorization before shipping samples to R&D Systems.
All samples sent to R&D Systems Biomarker Testing Service must follow the established guidelines for shipping potentially infectious substances within the United States including:
- Specimen labeling
- Appropriate watertight and protective packaging
- Packing slip listing the entire contents
- Specimen shipment confirmation and fax back sheet
All samples sent to R&D Systems Biomarker Testing Service must follow the established guidelines for shipping potentially infectious substances within the United States, which are clearly documented in our Client Specimen Shipping Instructions and Fax Back Sheet.
Sample Receipt & Storage
Immediately upon receipt at R&D Systems Biomarker Testing Service, samples are placed at the appropriate storage temperature and registered using sample management software. Our handling protocols are designed to ensure the safe and secure storage of client samples.
- A unique Biomarker Testing Service accession number is assigned to each sample and a specific project number is given to each project
- Sample receipt, unpacking, and log-in of samples is conducted in accordance with established Biomarker Testing Service standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Detailed records of sample handling are maintained according to Biomarker Testing Service SOPs
- All samples are recorded with a complete audit trail and are organized using Freezerworks Unlimited® freezer inventory and sample management software
- Short and long-term on-site access-controlled sample storage at < -60 °C, < -20 °C, 2-8 °C, and room temperature*.
*To ensure temperature stability, all Biomarker Testing Service refrigerators and freezers are equipped with automated temperature monitoring and 24 hour security systems which alert R&D Systems personnel of any significant temperature fluctuation. Backup generators and freezers are in place.