B-MoGen is now R&D Systems. Genome Engineering Services from the Same Team with the Same Expertise.
TcBuster™ is a next-generation non-viral genetic modification system with the potential to deliver therapeutic payloads to various cell types to address a broad range of therapeutic applications.
Along with other non-viral gene therapy platforms, TcBuster has been extensively studied as a tool for intracellular gene transfer for cell and gene therapy. TcBuster can revolutionize your biological research and can provide you with the tool you need to make useful cell lines, produce proteins, vaccines and much more.
TcBuster addresses your challenges with:
- the high cost of virus-based genetic modification
- the inaccessibility of virus-based modification reagents
- the cargo size constraints of virus-based systems
TcBuster is a transposon-based technology used to deliver your gene-of-interest safely and randomly into a host’s genome. Watch how TcBuster can help you achieve your genome engineering goals.
TcBuster™ - Non-Viral Transgene Insertion
TcBuster is a core technology in our methods and research. Transposons have demonstrated the safest insertion profile of any gene delivery system while maintaining high efficiency gene transfer and enable us to rapidly generate transgenic mammalian cells with limited off-target effects and stable, reliable gene expression.
Advantages of Non-Viral Delivery
Our high efficiency non-viral TcBuster™ system enables therapeutic companies to reduce costs, ensure supply chain stability, and produce safer products.
Non-viral delivery in contrast to lentivirus gene delivery:
- lower cost per patient.
- does not provoke an immune response.
- does not carry mutagenic risks.
- shows few preferences for integration sites.
|Capacity||Limited size of cargo
|Demonstrated ability to transfer multiple genes
- transcriptional start sites
|Mediates stable gene transfer||Yes||Yes|
|Reduced risk of immunogenicity||No||Yes|
Overcome Limits of Electroporation
Our cutting edge non-viral vector transgene insertion platform harnesses DNA transposons for stable gene transfer into any cell type. TcBuster overcomes the three major technical challenges of other transposon systems.
- Insertion efficiency - greater than 40% insertion efficiency for stable integration in T cells
- DNA toxicity - proprietary techniques reduce effects of DNA toxicity
- Integration of enzyme DNA into host genome - delivery of transposase as mRNA or protein.
Transposons have demonstrated the safest insertion profile of any gene delivery system while maintaining high efficiency gene transfer. DNA transposons enable rapid generation of transgenic mammalian cells with limited off-target effects and stable, reliable gene expression.
Transposons: How Do We Compare?
|Source||Salmonid fossils||Cabbage Looper||Red Flour Beetle|
|Performance||In the clinic||In the clinic||40% - 60% Transposition efficiency|
|Availability||Unavailable (Exclusively Licensed)||Unavailable (Exclusively Licensed)||Available|
Cell Engineering Service Options and Deliverables
- Sequence analysis, karyotyping, and mycoplasma testing
- Validation by PCR, Western blot, flow cytometry, and functional tests
- Custom vialing: number of clones, cells/vial quantity per your needs
- Platforms available: feeder-dependent, feeder-free, and xeno-free culture options
- Editing sequence analysis report
- Certificate of Analysis
- Custom pathogen testing
Pioneering Cell and Gene Therapy Solutions (at bio-techne.com)
GMP Small Molecules (at tocris.com)
Simple Plex (at proteinsimple.com)
MFI™ (at proteinsimple.com)