Human IL-16 ELISpot Development Module, 5 Plate
Human IL-16 ELISpot Development Module, 5 Plate Summary
* Provided that the recommended microplates, buffers, diluents, substrates and solutions are used, and the assay is run as summarized in the Assay Procedure provided.
Complete ELISpot kits are highly sensitive, microplate-based assays for the detection of cytokine secreting cells. Kits are available for detection and enumeration of a single analyte or two analytes simultaneously. Complete ELISpot kits are ready-to-run and require no assay development or refinement. ELISpot Development Modules contain the basic components required to develop an ELISpot assay. They offer an economical alternative to buying separate antibodies.
ELISpot development modules are an alternative to ELISpot kits. A basic understanding of ELISpot assay development is required for the successful use of these reagents. Each investigator should optimize the coating conditions, the assay sensitivity, the type of enzyme and substrate, as well as the concentrations of the capture and detection antibodies to achieve desired results. The analyte-specific ELISpot Development Module and the ELISpot Blue Color Module contain the necessary components for analyte detection and visualization, respectively. These modules can be used together but are sold separately. Each module contains enough reagents for at least five 96-well microplates.
- An economical alternative to ELISpot Kits
- Optimized capture and detection antibody pairings and recommended concentrations save lengthy development time
- Generic development protocols provide direction to start an optimization protocol
- Customize the assay to your specific needs
- Human IL-16 Capture Antibody
- Human IL-16 Biotinylated-conjugated Detection Antibody
OTHER REAGENTS REQUIRED
- ELISpot Blue Color Module or equivalent (R&D Systems, Catalog # SEL002)
- PBS - 137 mM NaCl, 2.7 mM KCl, 8.1 mM Na2HPO4, 1.5 mM KH2PO4, pH 7.2 - 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered
- Wash Buffer - 0.05% Tween® 20 in PBS
- Blocking Buffer - 1% BSA, 5% Sucrose in PBS
- Reagent Diluent - 1% BSA in PBS, pH 7.2 - 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered
- 2 °C – 8 °C refrigerator
- 37 °C CO2 incubator
- Positive Control - Use Recombinant Human IL-16 or cells known to secrete Human IL-16
- 96-well plates - Nitrocellulose-bottom plates, PVDF-bottom Immunospot® plates, or flat-bottom polystyrene Immulon® ELISA plates
- Multi-channel pipette, squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or automated microplate washer
- Dissection microscope or an automated ELISpot Reader
- Deionized H2O
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective companies.
Preparation and Storage
Interleukin 16 (IL-16), also named lymphocyte chemoattractant factor (LCF), is a 14-17 kDa single chain non-glycosylated polypeptide that was originally identified as a CD8+ T cell-derived chemoattractant for CD4+ cells. The expression of IL-16 precursor mRNA has been detected in various tissues including spleen, thymus, lymph nodes, peripheral leukocytes, bone marrow and cerebellum. In addition to its chemotactic properties, IL-16 has also been shown to suppress HIV-1 replication in vitro.
Citation for Human IL-16 ELISpot Development Module, 5 Plate
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Oscillating expression of interleukin-16 in multiple myeloma is associated with proliferation, clonogenic growth, and PI3K/NFKB/MAPK activation
Authors: J Templin, D Atanackovi, D Hasche, SV Radhakrish, T Luetkens
Sample Types: Whole Cells
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISpot and FluoroSpot Kit FAQs
Reviews for Human IL-16 ELISpot Development Module, 5 Plate
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human IL-16 ELISpot Development Module, 5 Plate and earn rewards!
Have you used Human IL-16 ELISpot Development Module, 5 Plate?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image