Human PSG1 Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of PSG-1 spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||100||83-118|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||92||84-108|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||90||83-99|
Human PSG-1 ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Pregnancy-specific beta-1 glycoprotein 1 (PSG-1) is also known as SP1, PSbG1, or B1G1, and is designated CD66f. PSGs are part of the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) family and serve as early biochemical markers of syncytiotrophoblast formation. PSGs, which are produced by syncytial cells in the placenta, are detectable in the maternal plasma as early as 2-3 weeks following fertilization and increase as pregnancy progresses. They are alleged to promote immune tolerance of the semi-allotypic fetus during pregnancy. PSG-1 fosters an anti-inflammatory uterine environment by inducing IL-10, IL-6, and TGF-beta 1 secretion. Additionally, PSG-1 is believed to mediate placental vascular morphogenesis by enhancing VEGF-A production and endothelial tube formation.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 100 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 200 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 200 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Human PSG1 Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
Interaction of Pregnancy-Specific Glycoprotein 1 With Integrin alpha5beta1 Is a Modulator of Extravillous Trophoblast Functions
Authors: S Rattila, CEE Dunk, M Im, O Grichenko, Y Zhou, M Yanez-Mo, SM Blois, KM Yamada, O Erez, N Gomez-Lope, SJ Lye, B Hinz, R Romero, M Cohen, G Dveksler
Sample Types: Serum
Pregnancy Specific ?-1 Glycoprotein 1 is Expressed in Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma and its Subcellular Localization Correlates with Overall Survival
J Cancer, 2016;7(14):2018-2027.
Sample Types: Plasma
What is the normal appearance of Assay Diluent RD1-75?
Assay Diluent RD1-75 contains high concentrations of additives and typically has a very cloudy, brown appearance. It is recommended to mix this diluent well before and during use.
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human PSG1 Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human PSG1 Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Human PSG1 Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image