Prototypical PI 3-kinase inhibitor (IC50
values are 0.31, 0.73, 1.06 and 6.60 μ
M for PI 3-Kβ
, PI 3-Kα
, PI 3-Kδ
and PI 3-Kγ
respectively). Also inhibits other kinases including, CK2, mTOR, PLK1, PIM1 and PIM3. Inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in human colon cancer cells in vitro
and in vivo
. Suppresses proliferation of mESCs. Inhibits autophagic sequestration in rat hepatocytes. Negative control LY 303511
(Cat. No. 2418) also available.
The technical data provided above is for guidance only. For batch specific data refer to the Certificate of Analysis.
All Tocris products are intended for laboratory research use only.
Other Product-Specific Information:
Phosphoinositide 3-kinase inhibitor LY294002 but not serum withdrawal suppresses proliferation of murine embryonic stem cells.
Lianguzova et al.
Cell Biol.Int., 2007;31:330
The selectivity of protein kinase inhibitors: a further update.
Bain et al.
The phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitors wortmannin and LY294002 inhibit autophagy in isolated rat hepatocytes.
Blommaart et al.
A specific inhibitor of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, 2-(4-morpholinyl)-8-phenyl-4H-1-benzopyran-4-one (LY 294002).
Vlahos et al.
The citations listed below are publications that use Tocris products. Selected citations for LY 294002 hydrochloride include:
Showing Results 1 - 10 of 59
- miR-382 targeting PTEN-Akt axis promotes liver regeneration.
Authors: Bei Et al.
- Cannabinoid receptor agonist WIN55,212-2 and fatty acid amide hydrolase inhibitor URB597 may protect against cognitive impairment in rats of chronic cerebral hypoperfusion via PI3K/AKT signaling
Authors: Shao-Hua Su Et al.
Behavioural Brain Research
- Dual SMAD Signaling Inhibition Enables Long-Term Expansion of Diverse Epithelial Basal Cells
Authors: Mou Et al.
Cell: Stem Cell
- Poly(I:C) increases the expression of mPGES-1 and COX-2 in rat primary microglia.
Authors: Oliveira Et al.
Int J Mol Med
- Up-Regulated Expression of LAMP2 and Autophagy Activity during Neuroendocrine Differentiation of Prostate Cancer LNCaP Cells
Authors: Morell Et al.
- Drug-based modulation of endogenous stem cells promotes functional remyelination in vivo.
Authors: Najm Et al.
Int J Cancer
- Integrated β-catenin, BMP, PTEN, and Notch signalling patterns the nephron.
Authors: Lindström Et al.
J Biomed Sci
- The thymoquinone-induced production of reactive oxygen species promotes dedifferentiation through the ERK pathway and inflammation through the p38 and PI3K pathways in rabbit articular chondrocytes.
Authors: Yu and Kim
Alcohol Clin Exp Res
- Dimeric dipeptide mimetics of the nerve growth factor Loop 4 and Loop 1 activate TRKA with different patterns of intracellular signal transduction.
Authors: Gudasheva Et al.
- A novel mechanism for cytoprotection against hypoxic injury: δ-opioid receptor-mediated increase in Nrf2 translocation.
Authors: Cao Et al.
- SDF-1α stiffens myeloma bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells through the activation of RhoA-ROCK-Myosin II.
Authors: Choi Et al.
- An in vitro model of latency and reactivation of varicella zoster virus in human stem cell-derived neurons.
Authors: Markus Et al.
- Upregulation of Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α4+β2 through a Ligand-Independent PI3Kβ Mechanism That Is Enhanced by TNFα and the Jak2/p38Mapk Pathways.
Authors: Rogers and Gahring
- Glucocorticoids Distinctively Modulate the CFTR Channel with Possible Implications in Lung Development and Transition into Extrauterine Life.
Authors: Laube Et al.
- ER-α36-mediated rapid estrogen signaling positively regulates ER-positive breast cancer stem/progenitor cells.
Authors: Deng Et al.
- Angiogenic growth factors augment K-Cl cotransporter expression in erythroid cells via hypoxia-inducible factor-1α.
Authors: Gonsalves Et al.
Am J Hematol
- Interaction of mTOR and Erk1/2 signaling to regulate oligodendrocyte differentiation.
Authors: Dai Et al.
- Rapid elevation of sodium transport through insulin is mediated by AKT in alveolar cells.
Authors: Mattes Et al.
- Decrease of PKB/Akt Phosphorylation is Partially Mediated by SAPK/JNK Activation in Serum-free L6 Myoblasts Starved with Low Glucose.
Authors: Kim Et al.
J Phys Ther Sci
- δ-Opioid receptors up-regulate excitatory amino acid transporters in mouse astrocytes.
Authors: Liang Et al.
J Exp Bot
- Characterisation of AmphiAmR11, an amphioxus (Branchiostoma floridae) D2-dopamine-like G protein-coupled receptor.
Authors: Bayliss and Evans
- ATP-competitive mTOR kinase inhibitors delay plant growth by triggering early differentiation of meristematic cells but no developmental patterning change.
Authors: Montané and Menand
- Activation of AMPK inhibits cervical cancer cell growth through AKT/FOXO3a/FOXM1 signaling cascade.
Authors: Yung Et al.
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol
- Ceramide 1-phosphate stimulates proliferation of C2C12 myoblasts.
Authors: Gangoiti Et al.
- Fucoidan from seaweed Fucus vesiculosus inhibits migration and invasion of human lung cancer cell via PI3K-Akt-mTOR pathways.
Authors: Lee Et al.
- Nucleus accumbens mGluR5-associated signaling regulates binge alcohol drinking under drinking-in-the-dark procedures.
Authors: Cozzoli Et al.
- The canonical nuclear factor-κB pathway regulates cell survival in a developmental model of spinal cord motoneurons.
Authors: Mincheva Et al.
- JNK suppression is essential for 17β-Estradiol inhibits prostaglandin E2-Induced uPA and MMP-9 expressions and cell migration in human LoVo colon cancer cells.
Authors: Hsu Et al.
J Med Food
- A positive cross-regulation of HER2 and ER-α36 controls ALDH1 positive breast cancer cells.
Authors: Kang Et al.
J Pharmacol Exp Ther
- Neurotoxicity induced by okadaic acid in the human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y line can be differentially prevented by α7 and β2* nicotinic stimulation.
Authors: Barrio Et al.
- Leptin regulates AMPA receptor trafficking via PTEN inhibition.
Authors: Moult Et al.
- Mechano-transduction in osteoblastic cells involves strain-regulated estrogen receptor alpha-mediated control of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) I receptor sensitivity to Ambient IGF, leading to phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT-dependent Wnt/LRP5 recept
Authors: Sunters Et al.
J Biol Chem
- miR-155 and its star-form partner miR-155* cooperatively regulate type I interferon production by human plasmacytoid dendritic cells.
Authors: Zhou Et al.
- Level of G protein-coupled receptor kinase-2 determines myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury via pro- and anti-apoptotic mechanisms.
Authors: Brinks Et al.
J Cell Sci
- FcεRI-induced activation by low antigen concentrations results in nuclear signals in the absence of degranulation.
Authors: Grodzki Et al.
- Activation of glycogen synthase kinase-3 β is required for hyperdopamine and D2 receptor-mediated inhibition of synaptic NMDA receptor function in the rat prefrontal cortex.
Authors: Li Et al.
J Biol Chem
- Regulation of p53 expression, phosphorylation and subcellular localization by a G-protein-coupled receptor.
Authors: Solyakov Et al.
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 and Omi/HtrA2 induce annexin A2 cleavage followed by cell cycle inhibition and apoptosis.
Authors: Wang Et al.
Mol Biol Cell
- Ethanol augments RANTES/CCL5 expression in rat liver sinusoidal endothelial cells and human endothelial cells via activation of NF-kappa B, HIF-1 alpha, and AP-1.
Authors: Yeligar Et al.
- Ethanol-induced expression of ET-1 and ET-BR in liver sinusoidal endothelial cells and human endothelial cells involves hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha and microrNA-199.
Authors: Yeligar Et al.
- c-jun controls the ability of IL-12 to induce IL-10 production from human memory CD4+ T cells.
Authors: Garcia Et al.
- C5a mediates peripheral blood neutrophil dysfunction in critically ill patients.
Authors: Morris Et al.
Am J Respir Crit Care Med
- Soy phytoestrogens are neuroprotective against stroke-like injury in vitro.
Authors: Schreihofer and Redmond
- Mechanisms underlying fibronectin-induced up-regulation of P2X4R expression in microglia: distinct roles of PI3K-Akt and MEK-ERK signalling pathways.
Authors: Tsuda Et al.
J Cell Mol Med
- Inulin increases glucose transport in C2C12 myotubes and HepG2 cells via activation of AMP-activated protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathways.
Authors: Yun Et al.
- Reactive oxygen species stabilize hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha protein and stimulate transcriptional activity via AMP-activated protein kinase in DU145 human prostate cancer cells.
Authors: Jung Et al.
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase is a key mediator of central sensitization in painful inflammatory conditions.
Authors: Pezet Et al.
- Temporal profiling of changes in phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate, inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate and diacylglycerol allows comprehensive analysis of phospholipase C-initiated signalling in single neurons.
Authors: Nelson Et al.
- Hallucinogens recruit specific cortical 5-HT(2A) receptor-mediated signaling pathways to affect behavior.
Authors: González-Maeso Et al.
Exp Mol Med
- Resveratrol stimulates glucose transport in C2C12 myotubes by activating AMP-activated protein kinase.
Authors: Park Et al.
Br J Pharmacol
- cis-9,trans-11-conjugated linoleic acid down-regulates phorbol ester-induced NF-kappaB activation and subsequent COX-2 expression in hairless mouse skin by targeting IkappaB kinase and PI3K-Akt.
Authors: Hwang Et al.
- Regulation of dopamine transporter function and cell surface expression by D3 dopamine receptors.
Authors: Zapata Et al.
J Biol Chem
- IGF-I inhibition of apoptosis is associated with decreased expression of prostate apoptosis response-4.
Authors: Chung Et al.
- Insulin induces airway smooth muscle contraction.
Authors: Schaafsma Et al.
J Biomed Sci
- PI-3-kinase-dependent membrane recruitment of centaurin-α2 is essential for its effect on ARF6-mediated actin cytoskeleton reorganisation.
Authors: Venkateswarlu Et al.
- Cyclin D1 is necessary for tamoxifen-induced cell cycle progression in human breast cancer cells.
Authors: Kilker and Planas-Silva
- Differential reelin-induced enhancement of NMDA and AMPA receptor activity in the adult hippocampus.
Authors: Qiu Et al.
Br J Pharmacol
- Glucose deprivation increases mRNA stability of vascular endothelial growth factor through activation of AMP-activated protein kinase in DU145 prostate carcinoma.
Authors: Yun Et al.
- LY 294002 inhibits adenosine receptor activation by a mechanism independent of effects on PI-3 kinase or casein kinase II.
Authors: Searl and Silinsky
Expand to show all