Recombinant E. coli alpha-Galactosidase/a-Gal Protein, CF
Recombinant E. coli alpha-Galactosidase/a-Gal Protein, CF Summary
Val2-Val708, with an N-terminal Met and 6-His tag
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris, NaCl and Glycerol.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 100 mM MES, pH 6.5
- Recombinant E. coli alpha ‑Galactosidase/ alpha ‑Gal (rE. coli alpha -Gal) (Catalog # 6415-GH)
- Substrate: 4-Methylumbelliferyl-alpha -D-galactopyranoside (Sigma, Catalog # M7633), 6.7 mM stock in DMSO
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Fluorescent Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rE. coli alpha -Gal to 0.5 ng/μL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 800 μM in Assay Buffer.
- Load into a plate 50 μL of 0.5 ng/μL rE. coli alpha -Gal, and start the reaction by adding 50 μL of 800 μM Substrate. For Substrate Blanks, load 50 μL of Assay Buffer and 50 μL of 800 μM Substrate.
- Read plate at excitation and emission wavelengths of 365 nm and 445 nm, respectively, in kinetic mode for 5 minutes.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Vmax* (RFU/min) x Conversion Factor** (pmol/RFU)|
|amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank
**Derived using calibration standard 4-Methylumbelliferone (4-MU) (Sigma, Catalog # M1381).
- rE. coli alpha -Gal: 0.025 μg
- Substrate: 400 μM
alpha -Galactoside is prevalent in animals and plants. The alpha -Galactosidase ( alpha -Gal) from Escherichia coli is a useful tool for the removal of alpha 1,3-linked and alpha 1,6‑linked galactosides from the non-reducing terminus of complex carbohydrates and glycoproteins (1). alpha -Gal efficiently hydrolyzes raffinose, an alpha -D-galactosylsucrose, to D‑galactose and sucrose. The enzyme can also hydrolyze other alpha -Galactosides such as melibiose, stachyose, verbascose, and galactinol. The enzyme does not cleave beta -linked galactose, such as lactose.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Protein Purification Kits
Reviews for Recombinant E. coli alpha-Galactosidase/a-Gal Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant E. coli alpha-Galactosidase/a-Gal Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant E. coli alpha-Galactosidase/a-Gal Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image