Recombinant E. coli alpha-Galactosidase/a-Gal Protein, CF
Recombinant E. coli alpha-Galactosidase/a-Gal Protein, CF Summary
Val2-Val708, with an N-terminal Met and 6-His tag
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris, NaCl and Glycerol.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 100 mM MES, pH 6.5
- Recombinant E. coli alpha ‑Galactosidase/ alpha ‑Gal (rE. coli alpha -Gal) (Catalog # 6415-GH)
- Substrate: 4-Methylumbelliferyl-alpha -D-galactopyranoside (Sigma, Catalog # M7633), 6.7 mM stock in DMSO
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Fluorescent Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rE. coli alpha -Gal to 0.5 ng/μL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 800 μM in Assay Buffer.
- Load into a plate 50 μL of 0.5 ng/μL rE. coli alpha -Gal, and start the reaction by adding 50 μL of 800 μM Substrate. For Substrate Blanks, load 50 μL of Assay Buffer and 50 μL of 800 μM Substrate.
- Read plate at excitation and emission wavelengths of 365 nm and 445 nm, respectively, in kinetic mode for 5 minutes.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Vmax* (RFU/min) x Conversion Factor** (pmol/RFU)|
|amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank
**Derived using calibration standard 4-Methylumbelliferone (4-MU) (Sigma, Catalog # M1381).
- rE. coli alpha -Gal: 0.025 μg
- Substrate: 400 μM
alpha -Galactoside is prevalent in animals and plants. The alpha -Galactosidase ( alpha -Gal) from Escherichia coli is a useful tool for the removal of alpha 1,3-linked and alpha 1,6‑linked galactosides from the non-reducing terminus of complex carbohydrates and glycoproteins (1). alpha -Gal efficiently hydrolyzes raffinose, an alpha -D-galactosylsucrose, to D‑galactose and sucrose. The enzyme can also hydrolyze other alpha -Galactosides such as melibiose, stachyose, verbascose, and galactinol. The enzyme does not cleave beta -linked galactose, such as lactose.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Protein Purification Kits
Reviews for Recombinant E. coli alpha-Galactosidase/a-Gal Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant E. coli alpha-Galactosidase/a-Gal Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant E. coli alpha-Galactosidase/a-Gal Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image