Recombinant E. coli HTRA/Protease Do Protein, CF Summary
Ala27-Gln474, with a C-terminal 10 His tag and ERSIGS sequence
Complete Your Research
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in HEPES and NaCl.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with dry ice or equivalent. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 50 mM Tris, pH 8.0
- Recombinant E.coli HTRA/Protease Do (reHTRA) (Catalog # 1670-SE)
- beta -Casein (Sigma, Catalog # C-6905), 1.0 mg/mL stock in 25 mM Tris, 0.15 M NaCl, pH 7.5
- SDS-PAGE with silver staining
- Dilute beta -Casein to 0.4 mg/mL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute reHTRA to 0.04 mg/mL in Assay Buffer.
- Combine 25 μL of beta -Casein and 25 μL of reHTRA in a tube. Prepare a control containing 25 μL of beta -Casein and 25 μL of Assay Buffer.
- Incubate the mixture for 1 hour at 45 °C.
- Stop the reaction by adding SDS-PAGE sample buffer.
- Analyze the cleavage by SDS-PAGE using silver staining to detect protein.
- reHTRA: 0.02 mg/mL
- beta -Casein: 0.2 mg/mL
Background: HTRA/Protease Do
As a heat shock protein and a serine protease, HTRA (Protease Do or the DegP protease) is indispensable for bacterial survival at temperatures above 42 °C (1). It is a periplasmic protein with a signal peptide of 26 amino acid residues. The mature protein contains two 90 amino acid PDZ domains, which start at residue 280. The serine protease activity is inhibited by diisopropyl fluorophosphate or dichloroisocoumarin. Four human proteins have been identified that are homologous to E. coli HTRA and believed to play a role in arthritis, cell growth, unfolded stress response, apoptosis, aging, and tumor progression (2).
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant E. coli HTRA/Protease Do Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant E. coli HTRA/Protease Do Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant E. coli HTRA/Protease Do Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image