Recombinant Human Intelectin-1/Omentin Protein, CF Summary
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 500 μg/mL in Water.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
When Streptococcus Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Type 70 is coated at 2 µg/mL (100 μL/well), Recombinant Human Intelectin-1/Omentin binds (Catalog # 9137-IN) with a typical ED50 of 3-15 μg/mL.
Intelectin-1, also known as Omentin, HL-1, and Lactoferrin Receptor, is a multifunctional protein that plays a protective role in the response to cardiovascular injury (1). Mature human Intelectin-1 contains one fibrinogen C-terminal domain (2-4) and shares 82% and 80% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat Intelectin-1, respectively. Intelectin-1 is expressed by vascular smooth muscle and endothelial cells (3, 5, 6), particularly in the heart, small intestine, colon, thymus, ovary, testis, and omental fat (2, 3, 6) as well as by intestinal Paneth cells and airway and intestinal goblet cells (7-9). It is presented as a 35-40 kDa GPI-anchored glycoprotein that forms disulfide-linked homotrimers (2, 4) and can be released into the circulation and bronchiolar lavage fluid (6, 8). It binds to microbial galactofuranosyl carbohydrates (2, 11) and additionally functions as a receptor for the iron-transporting protein Lactoferrin (4). Following cardiovascular injury, Intelectin-1 limits fibrosis, cardiac hypertrophy, and carotid artery intimal hyperplasia (12, 13) foam cell generation , smooth muscle cell proliferation, migration, and calcification (5, 12, 14), and it also promotes revascularization (15). In addition, Intelectin-1 inhibits osteoblast bone matrix mineralization (14), enhances
insulin-stimulated uptake by adipocytes (6), supports neural stem cell viability (16), and inhibits the invasion and metastasis of neuroblastoma cells (17).
- Jaikanth, C. et al. (2013) Exp. Clin. Endocrinol. Diabetes 121:377.
- Tsuji, S. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:23456.
- Lee, J.-K. et al. (2001) Glycobiology 11:65.
- Suzuki, Y.A. et al. (2001) Biochemistry 40:15771.
- Watanabe, K. et al. (2016) Cardiovasc. Res. PMID 26790473.
- Yang, R.-Z. et al. (2006) Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 290:E1253.
- Komiya, T. et al. (1998) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 251:759.
- Kerr, S.C. et al. (2014) Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 189:1005.
- Washimi, K. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7:e39889.
- Tsuji, S. et al. (2007) Glycobiology 17:1045.
- Wesener, D.A. et al. (2015) Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 22:603.
- Matsuo, K. et al. (2015) J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 79:195.
- Kazama, K. et al. (2014) Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 306:H1714.
- Xie, H. et al. (2011) Cardiovasc. Res. 92:296.
- Maruyama, S. et al. (2012) J. Biol. Chem. 287:408.
- Zhao, L.R. et al. (2015) Mol. Med. Rep. 11:1859.
- Li, D. et al. (2015) Mol. Cancer 14:47.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human Intelectin-1/Omentin Protein, CF
Average Rating: 4 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Recombinant Human Intelectin-1/Omentin Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image
Reason for Rating: Protein performs well, good detailed instructions for dilution/storage. Product bottle could be improved so protein does not become trapped in the lid.