Recombinant Human Neprilysin-2/MMEL1 Protein, CF
Recombinant Human Neprilysin-2/MMEL1 Protein, CF Summary
Gly69-Trp770, with an N-terminal 6-His tag
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris, NaCl and ZnCl2.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 50 mM Tris, 250 mM NaCl, pH 7.5
- Recombinant Human Neprilysin-2/MMEL1 (rhNeprilysin-2) (Catalog # 2340-ZN)
- Substrate: MCA-Arg-Pro-Pro-Gly-Phe-Ser-Ala-Phe-Lys(DNP)-OH (Catalog # ES005)
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Fluorescent Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rhNeprilysin-2 to 1 µg/mL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 20 µM in Assay Buffer.
- Load into a black well plate 50 µL of 1 µg/mL rhNeprilysin-2, and start the reaction by adding 50 µL of 20 µM Substrate. Include a Substrate Blank containing 50 µL of Assay Buffer and 50 µL of 20 µM Substrate.
- Read at excitation and emission wavelengths of 320 nm and 405 nm (top read), respectively, in kinetic mode for 5 minutes.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Vmax* (RFU/min) x Conversion Factor** (pmol/RFU)|
|amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank
**Derived using calibration standard MCA-Pro-Leu-OH (Bachem, Catalog # M-1975).
- rhNeprilysin-2: 0.050 µg
- Substrate: 10 µM
Neprilysin-2 is a zinc protease of the neprilysin (NEP) family, which also includes NEP, ECE-2, PEX, DINE, Kell and several NEP-like proteins (1). It is encoded by the MMEL1 gene in the human genome and is also known as soluble secreted endopeptidase (SEP), Neprilysin-like 1 and Neprilysin-2 (2). Highly expressed in testis, the cDNA predicted a type II transmembrane protein with a short cytoplasmic tail and a large ectodomain. Both membrane-bound and soluble forms were comparable with regard to model substrates, pH optima and inhibitor profiles. The ectodomain of human Neprilysin-2/MMEL1 was expressed with an N-terminal His tag and purified.
- Turner, A.J. et al. (2001) BioEssays 23:261.
- Carpentier, M. et al. (2004) in Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes. Barrett, A.J. et al. eds. p. 426.
Citation for Recombinant Human Neprilysin-2/MMEL1 Protein, CF
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Human membrane metallo-endopeptidase-like protein degrades both beta-amyloid 42 and beta-amyloid 40.
Authors: Huang JY, Bruno AM, Patel CA, Huynh AM, Philibert KD, Glucksman MJ, Marr RA
Sample Types: Recombinant Protein
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Fluorogenic Peptide Substrates
Protein Purification Kits
Reviews for Recombinant Human Neprilysin-2/MMEL1 Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human Neprilysin-2/MMEL1 Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human Neprilysin-2/MMEL1 Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image