Recombinant Mouse Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 Protein, CF Summary
Ser27-Leu930, with a C-terminal 10-His tag
Complete Your Research
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris, NaCl and Glycerol.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 25 mM Tris, pH 8.0
- Recombinant Mouse Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 (rmARTS1) (Catalog # 2500-ZN)
- Substrate: Leu-AMC (Bachem, Catalog # I-1240)
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Fluorescent Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rmARTS1 to 2 µg/mL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 200 µM in Assay Buffer.
- Load 50 µL of the 2 µg/mL rmARTS1 into a plate, and start the reaction by adding 50 µL of 200 µM Substrate. Include a Substrate Blank containing 50 µL Assay Buffer and 50 µL of 200 µM Substrate.
- Read at excitation and emission wavelengths of 380 nm and 460 nm, respectively, in kinetic mode for 5 minutes.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Vmax* (RFU/min) x Conversion Factor** (pmol/RFU)|
|amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank
**Derived using calibration standard 7-amino, 4-Methyl Coumarin AMC (Sigma, Catalog # A-9891).
- rmARTS1: 0.1 µg
- Substrate: 100 µM
Background: Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1
The mouse ARTS1 gene encodes aminopeptidase PILS (Puromycin-Insensitive Leucyl-Specific), which is also known as adipocyte-derived leucine aminopeptidase, type 1 tumor necrosis factor receptor shedding aminopeptidase regulator and ERAAP (the aminopeptidase associated with antigen processing in the endoplasmic reticulum) (1-3). The deduced amino acid sequence of mouse ARTS1 consists of a signal peptide and a large ectodomain. Widely expressed and releasing an N‑terminal amino acid (Leu), the enzyme may play a role in many processes such as antigen processing and angiogenesis.
- Miyashita, H. et al. (2002) Blood 99:3241.
- Serwold, T. et al. (2002) Nature 419:480.
- Schomburg, L. (2004) in Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes. Barrett, et al. eds. p. 311, Academic Press, San Diego.
Citation for Recombinant Mouse Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 Protein, CF
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
H-2Ld class I molecule protects an HIV N-extended epitope from in vitro trimming by endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase associated with antigen processing.
Authors: Infantes S, Samino Y, Lorente E, Jimenez M, Garcia R, Del Val M, Lopez D
J. Immunol., 2010;184(7):3351-5.
Sample Types: Recombinant Protein
Applications: Enzyme Assay
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Mouse Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 Protein, CF
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Recombinant Mouse Aminopeptidase PILS/ARTS1 Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image