Recombinant Mouse Chondroadherin His-tag Protein, CF Summary
Ala21-Thr349, with a C-terminal 6-His tag
Recombinant Mouse Chondroadherin (Catalog # 10033-CH)induces adhesion of ATDC5 mouse chondrogenic cells. The ED50 for this effect is0.08-0.48 μg/mL.
2 μg/lane of Recombinant Mouse Chondroadherin was resolved with SDS-PAGE underreducing (R) and non-reducing (NR) conditions and visualized by Coomassie® Bluestaining, showing bands at 33-38 kDa.
Chondroadherin (CHAD), also known as SLRR4A, is a 38 kDa secreted protein belonging to the small leucine-rich proteoglycans (SLRPs) that help regulate the assembly and function of the extracellular matrix (ECM) (1). CHAD is highly expressed in cartilaginous tissues, with lower expression levels found in bone, tendon, and eye (2-4). Mature mouse CHAD is a 338 amino acid (aa) protein that contains twelve leucine-rich repeats (LRRs) including ten tandem leucine-rich repeats as well as N-terminal and C-terminal leucine-rich domains flanked by cysteine-rich regions. CHAD interacts with collagen II and mediates signaling between chondrocytes and the ECM by binding to the alpha 2 beta 1 integrin, heparan sulphate, and to cell surface proteoglycans like syndecans (5-9). In addition, CHAD also interacts with both N- and C-terminal globular domains of type VI collagen (10). Mouse CHAD shares 95% and 98% aa sequence identity with human and rat CHAD, respectively.
- Neame, P.J. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:21547.
- Larson, T. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266:20428.
- Mizuno, M. et al. (1996) Calcif. Tissue Int. 59:163.
- Johnson, J.M. et al. (2006) Mol. Vis. 12:1057.
- Månsson, B. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:32883.
- Paracuellos, P. et al. (2017) Matrix Biol. 63:106.
- Batista, M. et al. (2014) Matrix Biol. 38:84.
- Camper, L. et al. (1997) J. Cell Biol. 138:1159.
- Haglund, L. et al. (2013) J. Biol. Chem. 288:995.
- Wiberg, C. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277:49120.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Protein Purification Kits
Reviews for Recombinant Mouse Chondroadherin His-tag Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Mouse Chondroadherin His-tag Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Mouse Chondroadherin His-tag Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image