Canine IL-8/CXCL8 Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of canine IL-8 spiked to three levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Supernates (n=6)||97||88-103|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||100||93-108|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||102||91-113|
Canine CXCL8/IL-8 ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Interleukin-8 (IL-8), also known as CXCL8, is a chemokine that is upregulated at sites of inflammation where it promotes neutrophil infiltration and activation. IL-8 can form homodimers and heterodimers with CXCL4/PF4. Its bioactivity is regulated by proteolytic truncations, citrullination, and the decoy receptor DARC. IL-8 signals through CXCR1/IL-8 RA, which is also used by CXCL6, and through CXCR2/IL-8 RB, which is used by multiple CXC chemokines. IL-8 also binds to Serpin A1/alpha-1 Antitrypsin which prevents IL-8 interaction with CXCR1.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 50 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, Control, or sample to each well. Tap the plate gently for 1 minute. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 4 times for a total of 5 washes.
- Add 100 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate and wash 5 times.
- Add 100 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 100 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Gently tap the plate to ensure thorough mixing. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Canine IL-8/CXCL8 Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 4
Filter your results:
Higher neonatal growth rate and body condition score at 7ï¿½months are predictive factors of obesity in adult female Beagle dogs
Authors: L Leclerc, C Thorin, J Flanagan, V Biourge, S Serisier, P Nguyen
BMC Vet. Res., 2017;13(1):104.
Sample Types: Plasma
Evaluation of the in vitro effect of Boldo and Meadowsweet plant extracts on the expression of antimicrobial peptides and inflammatory markers in canine keratinocytes
Authors: D Santoro, K Ahrens, R Vesny, C Navarro, H Gatto, R Marsella
Res. Vet. Sci., 2017;115(0):255-262.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
Continuous venovenous hemofiltration decreases mortality and ameliorates acute lung injury in canine model of severe salt water drowning
Authors: J Chen, G Chen, D Xiao, W Peng, G Yu, Y Lin, F Zheng
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med, 2016;24(1):40.
Sample Types: Plasma
CC chemokine ligand 2 and CXC chemokine ligand 8 as neutrophil chemoattractant factors in canine idiopathic polyarthritis
Authors: Naoaki Matsuki
Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol., 2016;182(0):52-58.
Sample Types: Synovial Fluid
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Canine IL-8/CXCL8 Quantikine ELISA Kit
Average Rating: 4 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Canine IL-8/CXCL8 Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image