Cy5-Fuc Labeled N2f Summary
Learn more about Fluorescent Glycan Labeling and Detection
Supplied in 20 mM Tris, pH 8.0
Stability & Storage
Store at < -20 °C. Good for 6 months from date of receipt.
- Used as a ligand for lectins and to study glycan protein interaction.
- Used as a substrate for various glycosidases and glycosyltransferases.
- Used as a scaffold for the synthesis of various glycan epitopes such as sialyl Lewis X structures.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Excitation at 649 nm and emission at 671 nm.
- The fluorescent dye Cy5 is conjugated to the C6 position of the core-6 fucose.
- Can be separated on 15%-17% SDS-PAGE and directly visualized as a single band under a fluorescent imager.
- Linear response range for Cy5-labeled glycans can be from 10 fmol to 100 pmol, depending on the sensitivity of detection.
- Store the unopened product at < -20 °C. Good for 6 months from date of receipt.
- GDP-Cy5-Fucose (ES301)
- CMP-Cy5-Sialic Acid (ES302)
- GDP-Cy3-Fucose (ES401)
- CMP-Cy3-Sialic Acid (ES402)
Enzymes and detection reagents
Cy5-Fuc Labeled N2f
Stepwise Enzymatic synthesis of sialyl Lewis X (sLeX) epitope. Slex is highlighted in the scheme and was synthesized from N2 using increasing amounts of Recombinant Human B4GalT1 Protein (3609-GT), Recombinant Human ST3GAL4 His-tag Protein (10496-GT), and Recombinant Human Fucosyltransferase 7/FUT7 Protein (6409-GT). For details, please refer to Wu, ZL. et al. (2020) Glycobiology, 30:970. https://doi.org/10.1093/glycob/cwaa030. The glycan short names are based on non-reducing end nomenclature (doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.01.16.426965).
Background: Glycan N2f
Sample Assay Protocol
One-pot Synthesis of Sialyl-Lewis X N-glycan using Cy5-Fuc Labeled N2f/Cy5-N2f as a scaffold
Suggested input of a Cy5-N2f in an assay separated on SDS-PAGE is from 0.01-1 pmol. To monitor the glycan intermediates, it is suggested that the enzymes are added stepwise.
Protocols are guidelines. Parameters need to be optimized by end users.
Please refer to Wu, ZL. et al. (2020) Glycobiology, 30:970. https://doi.org/10.1093/glycob/cwaa030
- Assay Buffer: 25 mM Tris, 10 mM MnCl2, pH 7.5
- Recombinant Human ST3GAL4 His-tag Protein, CF (rhST3GAL4) (Catalog # 10496-GT) or Recombinant Human ST3GAL6 Fc Chimera Protein, CF (rhST3GAL6) (Catalog # 10591-GT)
- Recombinant Human B4GalT1 Protein, CF (rhB4GalT1) (Catalog # 3609-GT)
- Recombinant Human Fucosyltransferase 7/FUT7 Protein, CF (rhFUT7) (Catalog # 6409-GT)
- Cy5-Fuc Labeled N2f (Cy5-N2f) (Catalog # GL304)
- 15% SDS-PAGE
- 6X Gel Loading Dye
- A fluorescent imager
- Dilute rhB4GalT1, rhST3GAL4, and rhFUT7 to 50 ng/μL in the Assay Buffer to create an enzyme mix.
- Create a reaction mix by combining 0.02 µM Cy5-N2f and 1 mM UDP-Gal, 1 mM CMP-NANA, and 1 mM GDP-Fucose in Assay Buffer.
- Mix 10 μL of the enzyme mix and 10 μL of the reaction mix in a centrifuge tube.
- Prepare a negative control by mixing 10 μL of reaction mix with 10 μL of Assay Buffer.
- Incubate the reaction and control at 37 °C for 4 hours.
- Stop the reactions and controls by adding 4 μL of 6X Gel Loading Dye to each tube.
- Load 12 μL each of the above reactions and controls per well on a 15% SDS-PAGE and run down 80% length of the gel.
- Image the gel using a fluorescent imager for 10 seconds.
Final Assay Conditions Per Reaction
• rhB4GalT1: 500 ng
• rhST3GAL4: 500 ng
• rhFUT7: 500 ng
• Cy5-N2f: 0.2 pmol
• CMP-NANA: 0.5 mM
• UDP-Gal: 0.5 mM
• GDP-Fucose: 0.5 mM
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Small Molecule FAQs
Reviews for Cy5-Fuc Labeled N2f
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Cy5-Fuc Labeled N2f and earn rewards!
Have you used Cy5-Fuc Labeled N2f?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image