GloLIVE Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Live Cell Imaging Kit
GloLIVE Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Live Cell Imaging Kit Summary
To verify pluripotency in live, unfixed human stem cells and continue in culture.
- Verify human stem cell pluripotency in 30 minutes
- Includes 4 pluripotent stem cell-specific fluorochrome-conjugated antibodies
- Single-step protocol
- No adverse effects on stemness or proliferation
- Pick pluripotent human stem cell colonies with increased confidence
Why Analyze Human Stem Cell Pluripotency by Live Cell Staining Using Stem Cell Markers?
Maintaining pluripotent human embryonic stem (ES) cells and deriving induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells requires colony selection and cell expansion. Manually picking colonies that contain pluripotent stem cells can be achieved by analyzing colony morphology. However, colony morphology is not truly indicative of pluripotency, since cells can naturally differentiate within the colony. Moreover, colony picking is a time-consuming and labor-intensive process.
Designed to verify pluripotency in live cells, the GloLIVE™ Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Live Cell Imaging Kit increases research efficiency and success by allowing single-step staining of unfixed cells.
Live pluripotent stem cell imaging:
- Promotes the selection of high quality, undifferentiated stem cell colonies to reduce experimental variation.
- Verifies stem cell pluripotency in 30 minutes, ensuring efficient use of time and reagents.
- Provides increased confidence in pluripotent status through the use of positive and negative markers.
- Allows for the continued culture of pluripotent cells with no adverse effects on cell proliferation or stemness following staining.
This kit contains the following azide-free, fluorochrome-conjugated antibodies to verify human stem cell pluripotency:
- NL493-conjugated Mouse Anti-Human SSEA-4
- NL557-conjugated Mouse Anti-Human TRA-1-60(R)
- NL493-conjugated Mouse Anti-Human TRA-1-81
- NL557-conjugated Mouse Anti-Human SSEA-1
Each antibody is supplied as a 50X stock; enough for 25 assays when used in 500 µL staining volume per assay. Each 1X antibody solution has an endotoxin level of < 5 EU/mL.
Stability and Storage
Reagents are stable for 12 months from date of receipt when stored in the dark at 2° C to 8°.
View Larger Image
Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Express TRA-1-81.
View Larger Image
Verification of Pluripotency in Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells.
View Larger Image
Analysis of Human Embryonic Stem Cell Growth and Stemness Post-staining.
Background: Pluripotent Stem Cells
Embryonic stem (ES) cells are pluripotent stem cells derived from the inner cell mass of pre-implantation embryos. Induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells can be generated by somatic cell reprogramming following the exogenous expression of specific transcription factors (Oct-3/4, KLF4, SOX2, and c-Myc). These cell types are capable of unlimited, undifferentiated proliferation in vitro and still maintain the capacity to differentiate into a wide variety of somatic cells. In this capacity, pluripotent stem cells have widespread clinical potential for the treatments of heart disease, diabetes, spinal cord injury, and a variety of neurodegenerative disorders.
R&D Systems offers a wide range of products to support pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation. Mouse embryonic fibroblasts may be used to maintain and expand pluripotent stem cells in an undifferentiated state. We also offer defined culture media, which are specifically optimized for use with human or rodent pluripotent stem cells. In addition, R&D Systems offers a variety of products to assess differentiation status and identify specific stem cell types of interest, including panels of marker antibodies, primer pairs, multi-color flow cytometry kits, and specialized verification kits.
Refer to the product datasheet for complete product details.
Briefly, human stem cell pluripotency can be verified in live cells prior to colony selection or experimentation using this 30 minute procedure:
- Pluripotent stem cell marker antibodies are added directly to the cells of interest
- After 30 minutes, the cells are washed and analyzed for the expression of pluripotency markers
- Positive colonies can be selected for expansion in culture
Reagents supplied in the GloLIVE™ Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Live Cell Imaging Kit (Catalog # SC023B):
- NL557-conjugated Mouse Anti-Human SSEA-1 (negative marker)
- NL493-conjugated Mouse Anti-Human SSEA-4 (positive marker)
- NL557-conjugated Mouse Anti-Human TRA-1-60(R) (positive marker)
- NL493-conjugated Mouse Anti-Human TRA-1-81 (positive marker)
Note: These antibodies have been tested for immunocytochemistry using human induced pluripotent stem cells grown either on irradiated mouse embryonic fibroblast feeder cells (Catalog # PSC001) or in feeder-free conditions. Each antibody is supplied as a 50X stock; enough for 25 assays when used in 500 µL staining volume per assay.
- Stem cell culture media
- Human pluripotent stem cells
- Pipettes and pipette tips
- Serological pipettes
- 37 °C and 5% CO2 incubator
- Fluorescence microscope
To ensure sterility of cultures, all steps should be performed under sterile conditions.
Note: Culture with antibodies does not affect cell proliferation or stemness as assayed by proliferation curves and expression levels of SSEA-4, SSEA-1, and Oct-3/4 three days post-antibody incubation.
Add primary antibodies in appropriate culture media to cells.
Incubate for 30 minutes.
Replace with fresh culture media.
Visualize using a fluorescence microscope.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Stem Cell Product FAQs
Reviews for GloLIVE Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Live Cell Imaging Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review GloLIVE Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Live Cell Imaging Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used GloLIVE Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Live Cell Imaging Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image