GloLIVE Human TRA-1-81 NL493 Live Cell Antibody
GloLIVE Human TRA-1-81 NL493 Live Cell Antibody Summary
To detect TRA-1-81 expression in live cells by immunocytochemical staining.
- Verifies marker expression in live stem cells
- Requires only one 30 minute incubation
- Permits continued cell culture post-staining
- Does not affect cell proliferation or stemness
Why confirm marker expression in live cells before colony selection?
Maintaining pluripotent human embryonic stem cells and deriving induced pluripotent stem cells require colony selection and cell expansion. Picking colonies that contain pluripotent stem cells is typically achieved by manually analyzing colony morphology. Unfortunately, this critical process is time-consuming and labor-intensive.
In addition, morphology-based colony selection does not consistently guarantee pluripotent starting populations, since cells can fail to be fully reprogrammed or can naturally differentiate within a colony.
To address this need, R&D Systems brand GloLIVE™ antibodies allow researchers to confirm stem cell marker expression in live cells before colony selection.
Live pluripotent stem cell imaging:
- Promotes the selection of high quality, undifferentiated stem cell colonies to reduce experimental variation.
- Verifies stem cell pluripotency in 30 minutes, ensuring efficient use of time and reagents.
- Allows for the continued culture of pluripotent cells with no adverse effects on cell proliferation or stemness following staining.
- GloLIVE NL493-conjugated Mouse Anti-Human TRA-1-81 Monoclonal Antibody.
- Supplied as 50X concentration of antibody in 0.5 mL PBS
Azide free and endotoxin tested (< 5 EU/mL), this antibody can be used for 12 tests, if a staining volume of 2 mL is used.
View Larger Image
Detection of TRA-1-81 in Live BG01V Human Embryonic Stem Cells. The stem cell marker TRA-1-81 was visualized in live BG01V human embryonic stem cells using the GloLIVE™ NL493-conjugated Mouse Anti-Human TRA-1-81 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # NLLC16581G; green) and counterstained with Hoechst 33342 (blue). Positive staining for TRA-1-81 in human stem cells is an indicator of pluripotency.
* BG01V human embryonic stem cells are licensed from ViaCyte, Inc
This product is for research use only and is not approved for use in humans or in clinical diagnosis. Primary Antibodies are guaranteed for 1 year from date of receipt.
Refer to the product datasheet for complete product details.
Briefly, TRA-1-81 expression can be verified in live cells prior to colony selection or experimentation using this simple procedure:
- Add the TRA-1-81 antibody directly to the media of cultured cells
- Wash the cells after a 30 minute incubation
- Select for and expand TRA-1-81-positive colonies
Use aseptic technique and sterile culturing conditions to prevent contamination.
- GloLIVE™ NL493-conjugated Mouse Anti-Human TRA-1-81 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # NLLC16581G).
- Stem cell culture media
- Human or mouse pluripotent stem cells
- Pipettes and pipette tips
- Serological pipette
- 37 °C and 5% CO2 incubator
- Fluorescence microscope
To ensure sterility of cultures, all steps should be performed under sterile conditions.
Add fluorochrome-conjugated primary antibody in appropriate culture media to cells.
Incubate at 37 °C for 30 minutes.
Replace with fresh culture media.
Visualize using a fluorescence microscope.
Culture with GloLIVE™ antibodies does not appear to affect cell proliferation or stemness as assayed by proliferation curves for 3 days post-antibody incubation.
What is the recommended starting confluence to observe staining?
The optimal confluence would depend on the purpose of the staining. If the plan is to use all the cells in the flask after they have proliferated, then one can wait for the cells to become confluent or almost confluent (80-90% confluent) and then check the staining. If the goal is to to check on the cells mid-way through their growth and there are sufficient cells in the flask, one could check the staining then as well. The staining is not dependent on how many cells are in the flask, as long as there are sufficient cells.
Reviews for GloLIVE Human TRA-1-81 NL493 Live Cell Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review GloLIVE Human TRA-1-81 NL493 Live Cell Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used GloLIVE Human TRA-1-81 NL493 Live Cell Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image