Human ADAM28 Antibody
Human ADAM28 Antibody Summary
Leu72 & Leu191-Ala623, with a C-terminal 6-His tag
Accession # Q9UKQ2
This antibody functions as an ELISA capture antibody when paired with Rabbit Anti-Human ADAM28 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB9325).
This product is intended for assay development on various assay platforms requiring antibody pairs.
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
A distintegrin and metalloprotease domain-containing protein 28 (ADAM28), also known as MDC-L, is a member of the M12B peptidase family of enzymes. It is synthesized as an approximately 80-90 kDa glycosylated proprotein that is processed to a mature form later in the secretory pathway (1-3). After the removal of the propeptide that contains a cysteine switch motif, the activated form of ADAM28 consists of a 467 aa extracellular domain (ECD) which contains a peptidase, disintegrin, cysteine-rich and EGF-like domains, followed by a 21 aa transmembrane segment and an 89 aa cytoplasmic domain (3). Alternative splicing generates additional isoforms with a variety of substitutions and deletions in the cysteine-rich and EGF-like domains (1). Within the ECD, human ADAM28 shares 73% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat ADAM28 (3). ADAM28 is a cell surface protein that is involved in a variety of cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions, including fertilization, muscle development, and neurogenesis (4-6), and exhibits catalytic activity to insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (7). Like many members of the ADAM proteins, the disintegrin domain of ADAM28 interacts with integrin to influence cell adhesion and cell-cell interaction (8). ADAM28 can mediate the adhesion of the Jurkat cells, T-lymphoma cell line, through integrin alpha 4b1(9). R&D Systems in-house testing also indicates that ADAM28 cleaves IGFBP-3.
- Roberts, C.M. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:29251.
- McGinn, O.J. et al. (2011) Cell Biol. Int. 35:1043.
- Howard, L. et al. (2000) Biochem. J. 348:21.
- Mochizuki, S. and Okada Y, (2007) Cancer Sci. 98:621.
- Schlondorff, J. et al. (1999) J. Cell Sci. 112:3603.
- Blobel, C.P. (1997) Cell 90:589.
- Mochizuki S. and Okada Y. (2009) Curr. Pharm. Des. 15:2349.
- Edwards, L. et al. (2008) Molecular Aspects of Medicine 29:258.
- Bridges, L. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277:3784.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human ADAM28 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human ADAM28 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human ADAM28 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image