Human FOLR1 APC-conjugated Antibody Summary
Accession # P15328
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of FOLR1 in MCF-7 Human Cell Line by Flow Cytometry. MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line was stained with Mouse Anti-Human FOLR1 APC-conjugated Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # FAB5646A, filled histogram) or isotype control antibody (Catalog # IC002A, open histogram). View our protocol for Staining Membrane-associated Proteins.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, 2 to 8 °C as supplied.
Folate Receptor 1 (FOLR1), also known as Folate Receptor alpha and Folate Binding Protein (FBP), is a 37‑42 kDa protein that mediates the cellular uptake of folic acid and reduced folates. Dietary folates are required for many key metabolic processes including nucleotide and methionine synthesis, the interconversion of glycine and serine, and histidine breakdown (1, 2). Mature FOLR1 is an N-glycosylated protein that is anchored to the cell surface by a GPI linkage (3‑6). Human FOLR1 shares 83% amino acid sequence identity with mouse and rat FOLR1. FOLR1 is predominantly expressed on epithelial cells and is dramatically up‑regulated on many carcinomas (7, 8). It is critically required during early embryogenesis as shown in knockout mice which die in utero with gross morphological defects (9). FOLR1 is internalized to the endosomal system where it dissociates from its ligand before recycling to the cell surface (6, 10). A soluble form of FOLR1 can be proteolytically shed from the cell surface into the serum and breast milk (11).
- Kelemen, L.E. (2006) Int. J. Cancer 119:243.
- Fowler, B. et al. (2001) Kidney Int. 59:S-221.
- Luhrs, C.A. et al. (1989) J. Biol. Chem. 264:21446.
- Lacey, S.W. et al. (1989) J. Clin. Invest. 84:715.
- Elwood, P.C. (1989) J. Biol. Chem. 264:14893.
- Rijnboutt, S. et al. (1996) J. Cell Biol. 132:35.
- Ross, J.F. et al. (1994) Cancer 73:2432.
- Parker, N. et al. (2005) Anal. Biochem. 338:284.
- Piedrahita, J.A. et al. (1999) Nat. Genet. 23:228.
- Paulos, C.M. et al. (2004) Mol. Pharmacol. 66:1406.
- Elwood, P.C. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 26:2346.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human FOLR1 APC-conjugated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human FOLR1 APC-conjugated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human FOLR1 APC-conjugated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image