Human Proinsulin Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of human Proinsulin spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||92||86-108|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||94||90-100|
Human Proinsulin ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Insulin is a peptide hormone that is critical for glucose homeostasis. The mature Insulin peptide is derived from Proinsulin, which includes the Insulin A and B chains connected by a peptide fragment (Insulin C-peptide). Proinsulin is processed within the endoplasmic reticulum of pancreatic beta cells into equimolar ratios of mature Insulin and Insulin C-peptide. Proinsulin binds the Insulin Receptor A isoform (IR-A) with high affinity resulting in cell proliferation and migration. It has low binding affinity for the Insulin Receptor B isoform (IR-B) and the Insulin-like Growth Factor I Receptor (IGF R1).
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 100 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 100 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 200 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 200 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Proinsulin Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Proinsulin Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Proinsulin Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image