Mouse CD23/Fc epsilon RII Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated Antibody Summary
Accession # P20693
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of CD23/Fc epsilon RII in Mouse Splenocytes by Flow Cytometry. Mouse splenocytes were stained with Rat Anti-Mouse B220/CD45R APC‑conjugated Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # FAB1217A) and either (A) Rat Anti-Mouse CD23/Fc epsilon RII Alexa Fluor® 594‑conjugated Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # FAB6900T) or (B) Rat IgG2A Alexa Fluor 594 Isotype Control (Catalog # IC006T). View our protocol for Staining Membrane-associated Proteins.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, 2 to 8 °C as supplied.
Background: CD23/Fc epsilon RII
The low affinity receptor for IgE, Fc epsilon RII (designated CD23) is a member of subgroup II of the C-type (Ca2+-dependent) lectin superfamily (1-4). Mouse CD23 is a
45-49 kDa type II transmembrane glycoprotein that binds mouse, but not human, IgE (1-4). The longest isoform is 331 amino acids (aa) in length and contains a 23 aa cytoplasmic domain, a 26 aa transmembrane segment, and a 282 aa extracellular domain (ECD). The ECD C-type lectin domain binds both protein and carbohydrate, with separate sites for binding IgE, CD21, and beta 2 and alpha v integrins (2). Coiled-coil topology within a connecting stalk contributes to oligomerization, which increases IgE affinity (1, 2). Mouse CD23 shares 88% aa sequence identity with rat CD23 and up to 57% aa identity with isoforms of human, equine, porcine and bovine CD23. Isoforms which vary in the cytoplasmic sequence include the “a” isoform, which begins with the sequence MEENEYS and is constitutively expressed by B cells, and the “b” isoform, which begins with MDTHHT and is induced by IL-4 on a variety of inflammatory cells, B cells and epithelia (2, 5-7). The isoforms differentially participate in IgE-mediated endocytosis and phagocytosis (2, 8-10). CD23b and two 309 aa mouse CD23b isoforms, lacking either exon 5 or 6, also display distinct endocytic properties on intestinal epithelia (6, 11). Several soluble forms of CD23 are mainly generated by metalloprotease (especially ADAM10) and cysteine protease activity, although potentially soluble mouse isoforms have also been sequenced (12-14). Both soluble and membrane-bound forms of CD23 include the lectin domain and show bioactivity. CD23 binding to monocyte integrins results in oxidative product generation and proinflammatory cytokine release (15). On human, but not mouse, B cells, sCD23 induces IgE secretion by binding CD21 (2, 9). In both, secreted IgE will bind B cell membrane CD23, rendering it unavailable for cleavage, and thus shutting down IgE production (2).
- Kijimoto-Ochiai, S. (2002) Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 59:648.
- Gould, H. and B.J. Sutton (2008) Nat. Rev. Immunol. 8:205.
- Bettler, B. et al. (1989) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 86:7566.
- Gollnick, S.O. et al. (1990) J. Immunol. 144:1974.
- Kondo, H. et al. (1994) Int. Arch. Allergy Immunol. 105:38.
- Yu, L.C.H. et al. (2003) Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 285:G223.
- Sukumar, S. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 176:4811.
- Karagiannis, S.N. et al. (2001) Immunology 103:319.
- Aubry, J-P. et al. (1992) Nature 358:505.
- Sarfati, M. and G. Delespeese (1988) J. Immunol. 141:2195.
- Montagnac, G. et al. (2005) Traffic 6:230.
- Weskamp, G. et al. (2006) Nat. Immunol. 7:1293.
- Schulz, O. et al. (1997) Eur. J. Immunol. 27:584.
- Entrez Accession # EDL21949, EDL21951.
- Lecoanet-Henchoz, S. et al. (1995) Immunity 3:119.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse CD23/Fc epsilon RII Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse CD23/Fc epsilon RII Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse CD23/Fc epsilon RII Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image