Recombinant Human Methionine Aminopeptidase 2 Protein, CF Summary
Ala2-Tyr478, with a C-terminal 10-His tag
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris, NaCl and Glycerol.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with dry ice or equivalent. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 50 mM HEPES, 0.1 mM CoCl2, 100 mM NaCl, pH 7.5
- Recombinant Human Methionine Aminopeptidase 2/METAP2 (rhMETAP2) (rhMETAP2) (Catalog # 3795-ZN
- Recombinant Human DPPIV/CD26 (rhCD26) (Catalog # 9168-SE)
- Substrate: Met-Gly-Pro-AMC (Catalog # ES017)
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Fluorescent Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rhMETAP2 to 10 µg/mL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 500 µM with 2 µg/mL rhCD26 in Assay Buffer.
- Load 50 µL of 10 µg/mL rhMETAP2 into a plate, and start the reaction by adding 50 µL of Substrate/rhCD26 mixture.
- Incubate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Read at excitation and emission wavelengths of 380 nm and 460 nm (top read), respectively, in kinetic mode for 5 minutes (effectively reading timepoints between 10 and 15 minutes).
- Calculate specific activity using the following formula:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Vmax* (RFU/min) x Conversion Factor** (pmol/RFU)|
|amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank
**Derived using calibration standard 7-Amino-4-Methyl-Courmarin (AMC) (Sigma, Catalog#: A-9891).
- rhMETAP2: 0.500 µg
- rhCD26: 0.100 µg
- Substrate: 250 µM
Background: Methionine Aminopeptidase 2/METAP2
The human METAP2 gene encodes Methionine Aminopeptidase 2, a member of the M24 family of metalloproteases. METAPs catalyze the removal of the initiator methionine residue from nascent peptides (1) and are essential for cell growth (2). METAP2 plays an important role in the development of different types of cancer (3) and has been a novel target for developing anti-cancer drugs.
- Lowther, W.T. and B.W. Matthews (2000) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1477:157.
- Li, X. and Y.H. Chang (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92:12357.
- Selvakumar, P. et al. (2006) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1765:148.
Product Specific NoticesThis product is covered by US Patent Nos. 5,885,820 and 5,888,796 licensed from Mediomics, LLC.
Citations for Recombinant Human Methionine Aminopeptidase 2 Protein, CF
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 3
Filter your results:
Tunable, biodegradable grafting-from glycopolypeptide bottlebrush polymers
Authors: ZS Clauss, CL Wardzala, AE Schlirf, NS Wright, SS Saini, B Onoa, C Bustamante, JR Kramer
Nature Communications, 2021;12(1):6472.
Sample Types: Recombinant Protein
Neutral metalloaminopeptidases APN and MetAP2 as newly discovered anticancer molecular targets of actinomycin D and its simple analogs
Authors: E W?glarz-To, M Talma, M Giurg, HV Westerhoff, R Janowski, A Mucha
Sample Types: Aminopeptidase
Applications: Enzyme Assay
Redox regulation of methionine aminopeptidase 2 activity.
Authors: Chiu J, Wong J, Hogg P
J Biol Chem, 2014;289(21):15035-43.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Fluorogenic Peptide Substrates
Reviews for Recombinant Human Methionine Aminopeptidase 2 Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human Methionine Aminopeptidase 2 Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human Methionine Aminopeptidase 2 Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image