Recombinant Human S100A7 Protein, CF Summary
Ser2-Gln101 with an N-terminal Met
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 500 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Recombinant Human S100A7 (Catalog # 9085-SA) induces IL-8secretion in A431 human epithelial carcinoma cells. The ED50 forthis effect is 2-10 μg/mL.
S100A7, also known as Psoriasin, is a 11-12 kDa member of the S100 family of EF hand calcium binding proteins (1). Human S100A7 shares 32% amino acid sequence identity with mouse S100A7A, the closest related protein in mouse (2). It is acetylated at the N-terminus and binds both calcium and zinc ions (3, 4). S100A7 is up-regulated in keratinocytes of psoriasis and atopic dermatitis lesions (5-9), as well as in epithelial cells of the tongue, eye, and female genital tract (10-12). Its up-regulation can be induced by bacterial exposure, inflammatory cytokines, or epidermal barrier disruption (3, 9, 11, 12). S100A7 supports epithelial integrity through killing E. coli by sequestration of zinc (3, 5) and through inducing the up-regulation of tight junction proteins (13). The interaction of S100A7 with RAGE promotes the migration of immune cells and the infiltration of macrophages into tumor sites (7, 14).
- Donato, R. et al. (2013) Curr. Mol. Med. 13:24.
- Madsen, P. et al. (1991) J. Invest. Dermatol. 97:701.
- Glaser, R. et al. (2005) Nat. Immunol. 6:57.
- Brodersen, D.E. et al. (1999) Biochemistry 38:1695.
- Lee, K.C. and R.L. Eckert (2007) J. Invest. Dermatol. 127:945.
- Anderson, K.S. et al. (2009) Br. J. Dermatol. 160:325.
- Wolf, R. et al. (2008) J. Immunol. 181:1499.
- Al-Haddad, S. et al. (1999) Am. J. Pathol. 155:2057.
- Glaser, R. et al. (2009) J. Invest. Dermatol. 129:641.
- Meyer, J.E. et al. (2008) Mucosal Immunol. 1:239.
- Garreis, F. et al. (2011) Invest. Opthalmol. Vis. Sci. 52:4914.
- Mildner, M. et al. (2010) Mucosal Immunol. 3:602.
- Hattori, F. et al. (2014) Br. J. Dermatol. 171:742.
- Nasser, M.W. et al. (2015) Cancer Res. 75:974.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human S100A7 Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human S100A7 Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human S100A7 Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image