Recombinant Mouse alpha-L-Iduronidase/IDUA Protein, CF Summary
Glu17-Ser634, with a C-terminal 6-His tag
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Sodium Acetate, NaCl and Glycerol.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 50 mM NaOAc, 150 mM NaCl, 0.02% Brij-35 (w/v), pH 3.5
- Developing Buffer: 0.1 M Tris, pH 9.0
- Recombinant Mouse alpha -L-Iduronidase/IDUA (rmIDUA) (Catalog # 9348-GH)
- Substrate: 4-methylumberlliferyl-alpha -L-Iduronide (Glycosynth, Catalog # 44076), 20 mM stock in DMSO
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rmIDUA to 0.2 µg/mL in Assay Buffer. Minimize the number of dilution steps to obtain the best activity results.
- Dilute Substrate to 200 µM in Assay Buffer.
- Combine equal volumes of 0.2 µg/mL rmIDUA and 200 µM Substrate. Include a Substrate Blank containing Assay Buffer and Substrate.
- Incubate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Dilute mixtures to 0.005 µg/mL rmIDUA in Developing Buffer.
- In a plate load 100 µL of diluted mixtures.
- Read at excitation and emission wavelengths of 365 nm and 445 nm (top read), respectively in endpoint mode.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Fluorescence* (RFU) x Conversion Factor** (pmol/RFU)|
|Incubation time (min) x amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank.
**Derived using calibration standard 4-methylumbelliferone (Sigma, Catalog # M1381).
- rmIDUA: 0.0005 µg
- Substrate: 5 µM
alpha -L-Iduronidase encoded by the IDUA gene is an important enzyme required for the lysosomal degradation of glycosaminoglycans (GAGS). It hydrolyzes the
non-reducing terminal alpha -L-iduronic acid residues in GAGS including dermatan sulfate and heparan sulfate. Mature mouse IDUA shares 80% aa identity with human IDUA. Mutations in IDUA that result in enzymatic deficiency lead to the autosomal recessive disease mucopolysaccharidosis type I (MPS I) (1). MPS I can be classified as three clinical subtypes; Hurler syndrome, Hurler-Scheie syndrome, and Scheie syndrome with decreasing severity, respectively. MPS I causes progressive cellular, tissue and organ damage, and several clinical studies using enzyme replacement therapy show positive results (2, 3). Recently, the IDUA gene has been linked to osteoporosis (4, 5).
- Scott, H.S. et al. (1995) Hum. Mutat. 6:288.
- Wraith, J.E. (2005) Expert Opin. Pharmacother. 6:489.
- Jameson, E. (2016) Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 4: CD009354.
- Kodric, K. et al. (2016) Wien Klin Wochenschr. 128:480.
- Niu, T. et al. (2016) J. Bone Miner. Res. 31:358.
Citation for Recombinant Mouse alpha-L-Iduronidase/IDUA Protein, CF
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Targeting Macromolecules to CNS and Other Hard-to-Treat Organs Using Lectin-Mediated Delivery
Authors: W Acosta, CL Cramer
Int J Mol Sci, 2020;21(3):.
Sample Types: In Vivo
Applications: In Vivo
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Mouse alpha-L-Iduronidase/IDUA Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Mouse alpha-L-Iduronidase/IDUA Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Mouse alpha-L-Iduronidase/IDUA Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image