Recombinant Mouse Complement Component C1ra Protein, CF
Recombinant Mouse Complement Component C1ra Protein, CF Summary
Met1-Asn707, with a C-terminal 6-His tag
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris, CaCl, NaCl, and Glycerol.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 50 mM Tris, pH 7.5
- Recombinant Mouse Complement Component C1Ra (rmC1Ra) (Catalog # 7160-SE)
- Substrate: Z-Gly-Arg-SBzl (MP Biomedicals, Catalog # SB007), 10 mM stock in DMSO
- 5,5’Dithio-bis (2-nitrobenzoic acid) (DTNB) (Sigma, Catalog # D-8130), 10 mM stock in DMSO
- 96 well Clear Plate (Costar, Catalog # 92592)
- Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Plus by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rmC1Ra to 0.5 ng/µL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 200 µM in Assay Buffer with 200 µM of DTNB.
- Load 50 µL of the diluted rhC1r into a clear plate, and start the reaction by adding 50 µL of the Substrate/DTNB mixture to wells. Include a Substrate Blank containing 50 µL Assay Buffer and 50 µL Substrate Mixture without any rmC1Ra.
- Read in kinetic mode for 5 minutes at an absorbance of 405 nm.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Vmax* (OD/min) x well volume (L) x 1012 pmol/mol|
|ext. coeff** (M-1cm-1) x path corr.*** (cm) x amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank
**Using the extinction coefficient 13260 M-1cm-1
***Using the path correction 0.32 cm
Note: the output of many spectrophotometers is in mOD Per Well:
- rmC1Ra: 0.025 μg
- DTNB: 100 µM
- Substrate: 100 µM
Background: Complement Component C1ra
The classical complement pathway plays a major role in innate immunity against infection. This pathway is triggered by C1, a multimolecular complex composed of the recognition protein C1q and two serine proteases, C1r and C1s. Following the C1q recognition, C1r is autoactivated, and in turn activates C1s, which cleaves C4 and C2, the C1 substrates (1). Both C1r and C1s activation involve cleavage of a specific Arg-Ile bond, converting the single-chain proenzymes into active proteases composed of disulfide-linked heavy and light chains (2). The heavy chain contains multiple domains in the order of CUB1-EGF-CUB2-CCP1-CCP2-Activation Peptide. The light chain contains the serine protease catalytic domain. The mouse C1r gene is duplicated as C1rA and C1rB. The C1rA gene is primarily expressed in liver and is therefore the homologue of human C1r gene (3). The full-length mouse C1r-A was expressed and purified from conditioned medium. The purified recombinant mC1rA protein corresponds to the processed active form, with the A and B chains beginning at residues Ser 17 and Ile 463, respectively.
- Arlaud, G. J. et al. (2002) Biochem. Soc. Trans. 30:1001.
- Lacroix, M. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:36233.
- Garnier, G. et al. (2003) J. Biochem. 371:630.
Product Specific NoticesCoomassie is a registered trademark of Imperial Chemical Industries Ltd.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Mouse Complement Component C1ra Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Mouse Complement Component C1ra Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Mouse Complement Component C1ra Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image