Recombinant Mouse Galectin-3 (Hek293-expressed) Protein, CF Summary
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in HEPES, NaCl, TCEP, PEG and Trehalose.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 200 μg/mL in water.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Recombinant Mouse Galectin-3 (Catalog # 9039-GAB) supports the adhesion of D10.G4.1 mouse helper T cells. The ED50 for this effect is 1-5 μg/mL.
Galectin-3, also known as Mac-2, L29, CBP35, and epsilon BP, is classified as a chimeric member of the Galectin superfamily and contains one carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD) linked to a non-lectin domain (1, 2). Mature mouse Galectin-3 shares 80% and 86% amino acid (aa) sequence identity with human and rat Galectin-3, respectively. Galectin-3 is a 26-kDa protein that can be nuclear, cytoplasmic, or secreted (3, 4). Nuclear Galectin-3 can modulate gene expression, while cytosolic Galectin-3 can inhibit apoptosis and can participate in exocytosis, Caveolin-mediated endocytosis, and macrophage-mediated clearance of apoptotic cells (5-7). Extracellular Galectin-3 has been shown to form high-order oligomers that promote the crosslinking of cell surface oligosaccharides as well as integrin-dependent cell adhesion and apoptosis (8-11). Galectin-3 contributes to the innate immune response against Candida albicans and Streptococcus pneumoniae, and it can facilitate acute inflammatory responses via neutrophil activation and opsonization, macrophage recruitment, and mast cell activation (12-14). Galectin-3 can also contribute to chronic inflammation and fibrosis (15). It is implicated in neuroinflammatory disorders of the central nervous system, cardiac fibrosis, and heart failure, as well as tumor growth, progression, and metastasis (16-18).
- Robertson, M.W. et al. (1990) Biochemistry 29:8093.
- Elola, M.T. et al. (2007) Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 64:1679.
- Haudek, K.C. et al. (2010) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1800:181.
- Hughes, R.C. (1999) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1473:172.
- Krzeslak, A. and A. Lipinska (2004) Cell. Mol. Biol. Lett. 9:305.
- Dumic, J. et al. (2006) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1760:616.
- Sano, H. et al. (2003) J. Clin. Invest. 112:389.
- Ahmad, N. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:10841.
- Friedrichs, J. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 283:32264.
- Wen, Y. et al. (2006) J. Cell. Biochem. 98:115.
- Zhuo, Y. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 283:22177.
- Henderson, N.C. and T. Sethi (2009) Immunol. Rev. 230:160.
- Kohatsu, L. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 177:471814.
- Nieminen, J. et al. (2008) J. Immunol. 180:2466.
- Henderson, N.C. et al. (2008) Am. J. Pathol. 172:288.
- Newlaczyl, A.U. and L.G. Yu (2011) Cancer Lett. 313:123.
- Sherwi, N. et al. (2012) Future Cardiol. 8:885.
- Shin, T. (2013) Acta Histochem. 115:407.
Citation for Recombinant Mouse Galectin-3 (Hek293-expressed) Protein, CF
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Thiamine pretreatment improves endotoxemia-related liver injury and cholestatic complications by regulating galactose metabolism and inhibiting macrophage activation
Authors: T Li, J Bai, Y Du, P Tan, T Zheng, Y Chen, Y Cheng, T Cai, M Huang, W Fu, J Wen
International immunopharmacology, 2022;108(0):108892.
Applications: Cell Culture
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Mouse Galectin-3 (Hek293-expressed) Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Mouse Galectin-3 (Hek293-expressed) Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Mouse Galectin-3 (Hek293-expressed) Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image