Recombinant Mouse Renin Protein, CF Summary
Leu22-Arg402, with a C-terminal 10-His tag
Complete Your Research
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in MES and NaCl.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Activation Buffer: 50 mM Tris, 0.15 M NaCl, 10 mM CaCl2, 0.05% (w/v) Brij-35, pH 7.5 (TCNB)
- Assay Buffer: 50 mM NaH2PO4, 1 M NaCl, pH 7.5
- Recombinant Mouse Renin (rmRenin) (Catalog # 4277-AS)
- Trypsin (Sigma, Catalog # T-1426)
- AEBSF (Catalog # EI001), 100 mM stock in DMSO
- Substrate: “Rat Renin FRET” 5-FAM/QXL™520 (AnaSpec, Catalog # 62334), 100 µM stock in DMSO
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Fluorescent Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Activate rmRenin at 0.1 mg/mL with Trypsin at 2 µg/mL.
- Dilute rmRenin to 0.2 mg/mL in Activation Buffer.
- Dilute Trypsin to 4 µg/mL in Activation Buffer.
- Mix equal volumes of the diluted rmRenin and Trypsin.
- Incubate at 37 °C for 1 hour.
- Stop Trypsin activity with 1 mM AEBSF.
- Dilute AEBSF to 2 mM in Assay Buffer.
- Add a volume of 2 mM AEBSF equal to the reaction volume for 1 mM AEBSF and 50 µg/mL rmRenin.
- Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Dilute Substrate to 4 µM in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute rmRenin to 2 ng/µL in Assay Buffer.
- Load into a black well plate 50 µL of 2 ng/µL rmRenin (100 ng/well) and start the reaction by adding 50 µL of 4 µM Substrate.
- Read at excitation and emission wavelengths of 490 nm and 520 nm (top read), respectively, in kinetic mode for 5 minutes.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Vmax* (RFU/min) x Conversion Factor** (pmol/RFU)|
|amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank
**Derived using calibration standard calibration standard 5-FAM (AnaSpec, Catalog # 60584).
- rmRenin: 0.1 µg
- Substrate: 2 µM
Renin is a aspartyl protease that plays a crucial role in the regulation of blood pressure and salt balance through the renin-angiotensin system (1). It cleaves angiotensinogen to generate angiotensin I, which can be further converted by angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) to angiotensin II. Angiotensin II is the active molecule of the renin-angiotensin system that acts by binding to angiotensin receptors type 1 and 2 (AT-1 and AT-2), and has direct pathophysiological effects on the heart and peripheral vasculature (2). After secretion, inactive prorenin can be proteolytically activated by trypsin, cathepsin B, or other proteinases. Because of its unique specificity, inhibition of Renin is widely studied to provide selective therapy for hypertension, congestive heart failure and associated disorders (3).
- Fuminaki, S. et al. 2004 in Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes, Barrett, A. J. et al. eds:54.
- Unger, T. et al. 2008 Medscape J. Med. 10:S4.
- Dhanaraj, V. et al. 1992 Nature 357:466.
Product Specific NoticesQXL is a trademark of AnaSpec, Inc.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Mouse Renin Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Mouse Renin Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Mouse Renin Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image