Human Kallikrein 5 Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Saliva, Human Milk
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of KLK5 spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||97||91-109|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||90||82-95|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||91||86-103|
Human Kallikrein 5 Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Background: Kallikrein 5
The human tissue kallikrein (KLK) gene family contains 15 members that play important roles in cancer. Notably, kallikrein-1, also known as tissue kallikrein, cleaves kininogen to release the vasoactive kinin peptide, bradykinin or lysyl-bradykinin. Kallikrein-3, called prostate specific antigen (PSA), is an established tumor marker that aids in the diagnosis, staging, and follow up of prostate cancer. Kallikrein-4 is specifically expressed in the prostate and over-expressed in prostate cancer. Kallikrein-5 is widely expressed but found at high levels in skin, breast, brain and testis; over-expression is an indicator of poor prognosis in ovarian cancer. Kallikrein-8 is expressed in the brain and is a novel marker of ovarian and cervical cancer.
Human plasma kallikrein, a serine protease, is synthesized in the liver and circulates in the plasma bound to high molecular weight (HMW) kininogen or as a free zymogen. Once activated by its physiological activator, coagulation factor XII, it displays endopeptidase activity towards peptide bonds after arginine (preferred) and lysine. It cleaves HMW kininogen, its major physiological substrate, to release the potent vasodilator peptide bradykinin. It is also able to cleave a number of inactive precursor proteins to generate active products, such as plasminogen and prourokinase.
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 100 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Addition of samples must be completed within 15 minutes. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 200 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 200 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citation for Human Kallikrein 5 Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Topical Treatment of Rosacea with Ivermectin Inhibits Gene Expression of Cathelicidin Innate Immune Mediators, LL-37 and KLK5, in Reconstructed and Ex Vivo Skin Models
Authors: S Thibaut de, C Rosignoli, E Soares, M Roquet, B Bertino, JP Chappuis, C Defoin-Pla, D Piwnica
Dermatol Ther (Heidelb), 2017;0(0):.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Kallikrein 5 Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Kallikrein 5 Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Kallikrein 5 Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image