Human Pappalysin-1/PAPP-A Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of PAPP-A spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||110||90-117|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||97||89-108|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||95||86-111|
Human Pappalysin-1/PAPP-A ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Pappalysins comprise one of the five families of Metzincins (other families include ADAMs/ADAMTSs, MMPs, Astacins, and Serralysins). Pappalysin-1 (PAPP-A) is an important pregnancy protein and increases in plasma by a factor of about 150 during pregnancy. Reduced maternal serum PAPP-A is a major marker of Down syndrome in the first trimester of pregnancy. PAPP-A cleaves IGFBP-4 and -5 (insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-4 and 5) at a single site, resulting in the release of bioactive IGF. Pappalysin-2 (PAPP-A2; also called PAPP-E) shares 45% amino acid identity with PAPP-A and cleaves IGFBP-2.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 100 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well within 15 minutes. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 200 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 200 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Human Pappalysin-1/PAPP-A Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 4
Filter your results:
Parity predisposes breasts to the oncogenic action of PAPP-A and activation of the collagen receptor DDR2
Authors: E Slocum, A Craig, A Villanueva, D Germain
Breast Cancer Res., 2019;21(1):56.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
Predicting first trimester pregnancy outcome: derivation of a multiple marker test
Authors: S Senapati, MD Sammel, SF Butts, P Takacs, K Chung, KT Barnhart
Fertil. Steril., 2016;106(7):1725-1732.e3.
Sample Types: Serum
A proof-of-principle gel-free proteomics strategy for the identification of predictive biomarkers for the onset of pre-eclampsia.
Authors: Blankley RT, Gaskell SJ, Whetton AD
Sample Types: Plasma
Increased levels of pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A2 in the serum of pre-eclamptic patients.
Authors: Nishizawa H, Pryor-Koishi K, Suzuki M
Mol. Hum. Reprod., 2008;14(10):595-602.
Sample Types: Serum
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Pappalysin-1/PAPP-A Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Pappalysin-1/PAPP-A Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Pappalysin-1/PAPP-A Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image