Human Renin Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Urine
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of Renin spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=8)||100||93-106|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||101||95-107|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||105||99-114|
Human Renin ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Renin is a secreted endopeptidase that plays a crucial role in the regulation of blood pressure and salt balance through the cleavage of angiotensinogen, which is the only known physiological substrate of Renin. The 406 aa precursor includes a signal peptide (aa 1 - 23), a propeptide (aa 24 - 66), and a mature chain (aa 67 - 406). The amino acid sequence of human Renin is 100%, 73%, 71% and 67% identical to that of chimpanzee, canine, mouse and rat.
Mouse Renin is a secreted, 42 - 47 kDa glycosylated member of the peptidase A1 family. It is an aspartyl protease that cleaves angiotensinogen to form angiotensin I. In mouse, there are two genes that code for Renin. One is in the submandibular gland and the other is in the kidney. The two mature Renin molecules are 95% amino acid (aa) identical. Renal Renin (Renin-1) is synthesized as a 381 aa proform (aa 22 - 402). In the kidney, prorenin is proteolytically cleaved after Thr71 to generate a mature enzyme. Mouse pro-renin shares 70% and 85% aa sequence identity with human and rat pro-renin, respectively.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 100 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 200 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 200 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citation for Human Renin Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Dietary sodium intake and its relationship to adiposity in young black and white adults: The African-PREDICT study
Authors: SH Crouch, LJ Ware, LF Gafane-Mat, HS Kruger, T Van Zyl, B Van der We, AE Schutte
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich), 2018;0(0):.
Sample Types: Serum
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Renin Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Renin Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Renin Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image