Mouse IFN-alpha 2/IFNA2 Antibody
Mouse IFN-alpha 2/IFNA2 Antibody Summary
Accession # P01573
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: IFN-alpha 2/IFNA2
Interferon-alpha 2 (IFN alpha -2) is one of 14 subtypes within the IFN-alpha class of Type I Interferons (1). The members of the IFN-alpha class, also known as alpha leukocyte interferons, encompass a group of distinct but closely related proteins which share approximately 80% amino acid (aa) sequence identity and have a similar globular structure composed of five alpha-helices (1, 3, 4). IFN-alpha class members signal through a common cell surface receptor complex composed of IFN-alpha R2 and IFN-alpha R1 subunits (3). As the first highly active IFN to be cloned and produced, IFN alpha -2 has become the prototypic IFN for academic and pharmaceutical research (2). The mature extracellular domain (ECD) of mouse IFN alpha -2 shares 60% and 83% aa sequence identity with human and rat, respectively. Murine IFN-alpha 2 can eliminate cardiac viral load and protect cardiomyocytes from injury in animals infected with coxsackievirus B3 (CVB3) (5). IFN alpha -2 derived mutants with reduced IFNR2 binding inhibited HIV replication and mutants with more IFNAR1 binding potentiated antiviral activity (6).
- Pestka, S. (2007) J Biol Chem. 282:20047.
- Paul, F. et al. (2015) Gene. 567(2):132.
- Oritani, K. et al. (2001). Cytokine & Growth Factor Reviews, 12:337.
- Pesch, V. et al. (2004). Journal of Virology, 78:8219.
- Wang, Y.X. et al. (2007) Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 293:H69.
- Schlaepfer, E. et al. (2019) Am Soc for Microbiology 4:e00637.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse IFN-alpha 2/IFNA2 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse IFN-alpha 2/IFNA2 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse IFN-alpha 2/IFNA2 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image