Recombinant C. perfringens Neuraminidase Protein, CF SummaryLearn more about Fluorescent Glycan Labeling and Detection
Cys2-Gln382, with an N-terminal Met and 6-His tag
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris, NaCl and EDTA.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 50 mM MES, 100 mM NaCl, 0.05% (w/v) Brij-35, pH 6.5
- Recombinant C. perfringens Neuraminidase (rCpNA) (Catalog # 5080-NM)
- Substrate: 2’-(4-Methylumbelliferyl)-alpha -D-N-acetylneuraminic acid (Sigma, Catalog # M8639), 10 mM stock in DMSO
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Fluorescent Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rCpNA to 0.04 ng/µL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 400 µM in Assay Buffer.
- Load 50 µL of 0.04 ng/µL rCpNA into a plate, and start the reaction by adding 50 µL of 400 µM Substrate.
- Read at excitation and emission wavelengths of 365 nm and 445 nm (top read), respectively in kinetic mode for 5 minutes.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmoles/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Vmax* (RFU/min) x Conversion Factor** (pmole/RFU)|
|amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank
**Derived using calibration standard 4-Methylumbelliferone (Sigma, Catalog # M1381).Per Well:
- rCpNA: 0.002 µg
- Substrate: 200 µM
Background: Bacterial Neuraminidase
Neuraminidase and Sialidase are the common names for N‑acetyl‑neuraminyl hydrolase (1-3). The enzyme catalyzes the hydrolysis of alpha 2-3 and alpha 2-6 linked N‑acetyl‑neuraminic acid residues from glycoproteins and glycolipids. It has little activity against the alpha 2-8 linked N‑acetyl‑neuraminic acid residues.
Citation for Recombinant C. perfringens Neuraminidase Protein, CF
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Fluorescent glycan fingerprinting of SARS2 spike proteins
Authors: ZL Wu, JM Ertelt
Scientific Reports, 2021;11(1):20428.
Sample Types: Recombinant Protein
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Glycan Detection Reagents
Other ELISA and Assay Kits
Reviews for Recombinant C. perfringens Neuraminidase Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant C. perfringens Neuraminidase Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant C. perfringens Neuraminidase Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image