Recombinant M. viridifaciens Neuraminidase Protein, CF SummaryLearn more about Fluorescent Glycan Labeling and Detection
Pro42-Gly403, with an N-terminal Met and 6-His tag
Accession # BAA00852
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Tris and NaCl.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 50 mM Sodium Acetate, 150 mM NaCl, pH 4.5
- Recombinant M. viridifaciens Neuraminidase (rMvNA) (Catalog # 5084-NM)
- Substrate: 2’-(4-Methylumbelliferyl)-alpha -D-N-acetylneuraminic acid (Sigma, Catalog # M8639), 10 mM stock in DMSO
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Fluorescent Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rMvNA to 0.2 ng/µL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 400 µM with Assay Buffer.
- Load into plate 50 µL of 0.2 ng/µL rMvNA and start the reaction by adding 50 µL of 400 µM Substrate. Include a Substrate Blank containing 50 µL of Substrate and 50 µL of Assay Buffer.
- Read at excitation and emission wavelengths of 365 nm and 445 nm (top read), respectively, in kinetic mode for 5 minutes.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmoles/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Vmax* (RFU/min) x Conversion Factor** (pmole/RFU)|
|amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank
**Derived using calibration standard 4-Methylumbelliferone (Sigma, Catalog # M1381).
- rMvNA: 0.010 µg
- Substrate: 200 µM
Background: Bacterial Neuraminidase
Neuraminidase is the common name for N-acetyl-neuraminyl hydrolase (Sialidase). Micromonospora viridifaciens Neuraminidase catalyzes the hydrolysis of alpha 2-3 and alpha 2-6 and alpha 2-8 linked N-acetyl-neuraminic acid residues from glycoproteins and glycolipids (1). The architecture of the full-length protein includes a canonical neuraminidase enzymatic domain, a linker domain and a C-terminal galactose binding domain (2). The full-length protein contains 647 amino acids and has a molecular weight of 68 kDa. It is easily degraded to 52 kDa and 41 kDa fragments (3). The expressed enzyme only contains the enzymatic domain.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Glycan Detection Reagents
Other ELISA and Assay Kits
Reviews for Recombinant M. viridifaciens Neuraminidase Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant M. viridifaciens Neuraminidase Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant M. viridifaciens Neuraminidase Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image