Recombinant Human ADAMTS1 Protein, CF
Recombinant Human ADAMTS1 Protein, CF Summary
Phe253-Ala734, with a C-terminal 10-His tag
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in Sodium Acetate, CaCl2 and NaCl.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 50 mM Tris, 10 mM CaCl2, 150 mM NaCl, 0.05% (w/v) Brij-35, pH 7.5 (TCNB)
- Recombinant Human Aggrecan G1-IGD-G2 (rhAggrecan) Domains (Catalog # 1220-PG)
- Recombinant Human ADAMTS1 (rhADAMTS1) (Catalog # 2197-AD)
- SDS-PAGE with Silver Staining
- Dilute rhAggrecan to 200 µg/mL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute rhADAMTS1 to 56 µg/mL in Assay Buffer.
- Mix 25 µL of 200 µg/mL rhAggrecan, 10 µL of 56 µg/mL rhADAMTS1, and 15 µL of Assay Buffer.
- Incubate at 37 °C for 24 hours.
- Include controls containing equal volumes of 200 µg/mL rhAggrecan and Assay Buffer. Incubate one tube at 37 °C and the other at -20 °C for 24 hours.
- Stop the reaction by mixing equal volumes of the incubated samples and reducing gel loading buffer.
- Analyze the cleavage by SDS PAGE followed by protein silver staining [or Western blot using anti-human aggrecan antibodies (Catalog # AF1220 and MAB1220)].
- rhADAMTS1: 11.2 µg/mL
- rhAggrecan: 100 µg/mL
ADAMTS1 (a disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 1), also known as METH1, is the founding member of the family of secreted zinc proteases with a multi-domain structure (1-3). The protein precursors consist of signal peptide and following domains: pro, catalytic, disintegrin-like, TS type 1 motif, cysteine‑rich, spacer and a variable number of TS type 1 motifs. Based on their substrate specificity, ADAMTS1 and associated family members may be key enzymes in degradation of cartilage leading to inflammation and arthritis (4). It is an active protease cleaving alpha -2-macroglobulin (5), aggrecan (6), and versican (7). Compared to ADAMTS4 (aggrecanase 1) and ADAMTS5 (aggrecanase 2), the aggrecanase activity of ADAMTS1 is lower. However, its activity can be enhanced by the binding of cofactor such as fibulin-1 (8). The aggrecanase activity can be inhibited using 5 mM 1,10 Phenanthroline. ADAMTS1 is essential for normal growth and the structure and function of the kidneys, adrenal glands and female reproductive organs (9). It also plays an important role in atherosclerosis (10). It has been shown to inhibit endothelial cell proliferation by direct binding and sequestration of VEGF165 and to inhibit fibroblast migration at high concentrations by binding to FGF-2 (11, 12). The purified recombinant human ADAMTS1 starts at the N‑terminus of the catalytic domain and ends in the beginning of the spacer region.
- Vazquez, F. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:23349.
- Kuno, K. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:556.
- Porter, S. et al. (2005) Biochem. J. 386:15.
- Nagase, H. and M. Kashiwagi (2003) Arthritis Res. Ther. 5:94.
- Kuno, K. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:18821.
- Kuno, K. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett. 478:241.
- Russel, D. L. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:42330.
- Lee, N., et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:34796.
- Shindo, T., et al. (2000) J. Clin. Invest. 105:1345.
- Wight, T.N. (2005) Arterioscler Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 25:12.
- Luque, A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:23656.
- Krampert, M. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:23844.
Citations for Recombinant Human ADAMTS1 Protein, CF
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 4
Filter your results:
Cleavage of Fibulin-2 by the aggrecanases ADAMTS-4 and ADAMTS-5 contributes to the tumorigenic potential of breast cancer cells
Authors: T Fontanil, S ?lvarez-Te, M? Villaronga, Y Mohamedi, L Solares, A Moncada-Pa, JA Vega, O Garc¡a-Su , M P‚rez-Bast, JM Garc¡a-Ped, AJ Obaya, S Cal
Sample Types: Protein
Applications: Enzyme Assay
ADAMTS-4 promotes neurodegeneration in a mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Authors: Lemarchant S, Pomeshchik Y, Kidin I, Karkkainen V, Valonen P, Lehtonen S, Goldsteins G, Malm T, Kanninen K, Koistinaho J
Mol Neurodegener, 2016;11(1):10.
Sample Types: Whole Cells
Matrilin-2 is proteolytically cleaved by ADAMTS-4 and ADAMTS-5.
Authors: Wang Z, Luo J, Iwamoto S, Chen Q
Species: Primate - Chlorocebus aethiops (African Green Monkey)
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
ADAMTS-1 metalloproteinase promotes tumor development through the induction of a stromal reaction in vivo.
Authors: Rocks N, Paulissen G, Quesada-Calvo F, Munaut C, Gonzalez ML, Gueders M, Hacha J, Gilles C, Foidart JM, Noel A, Cataldo DD
Cancer Res., 2008;68(22):9541-50.
Sample Types: Whole Cells
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Protein Purification Kits
Reviews for Recombinant Human ADAMTS1 Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human ADAMTS1 Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human ADAMTS1 Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image