Recombinant Human CD38 Protein, CF Summary
Val43-Ile300, with a C-terminal 6-His tag
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Supplied as a 0.2 μm filtered solution in MES and NaCl.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped with polar packs. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Assay Buffer: 50 mM MES, pH 6.5
- Recombinant Human CD38 (rhCD38) (Catalog # 2404-AC)
- Substrate: NGD+ (Sigma, Catalog # N-5131), 10 mM stock in deionized water
- F16 Black Maxisorp Plate (Nunc, Catalog # 475515)
- Fluorescent Plate Reader (Model: SpectraMax Gemini EM by Molecular Devices) or equivalent
- Dilute rhCD38 to 2 ng/µL in Assay Buffer.
- Dilute Substrate to 200 µM in Assay Buffer.
- Load in plate, 50 µL of 2 ng/µL rhCD38, and start the reaction by adding 50 µL of 200 µM Substrate. Include a Substrate Blank containing 50 µL Assay Buffer and 50 µL of 200 µM Substrate.
- Read at excitation and emission wavelengths of 300 nm and 410 nm (top read), respectively in kinetic mode for 5 minutes.
- Calculate specific activity:
Specific Activity (pmol/min/µg) =
|Adjusted Vmax* (RFU/min) x Conversion Factor** (pmol/RFU)|
|amount of enzyme (µg)|
*Adjusted for Substrate Blank
**Derived using calibration standard cyclic GDP ribose (cGDPR).
- rhCD38: 0.1 µg
- Substrate: 100 µM
CD38, also known as ADP-ribosyl cyclase, is a Type II integral membrane protein. The enzyme is able to transform NAD(P)+ into three different products with calcium mobilizing ability, cyclic ADP-ribose, NAADP+, and ADP-ribose (1). CD38 is expressed in B and T lymphocytes, osteoclasts, and in cardiac, pancreatic, liver and kidney cells (2, 3). Through its production of cyclic ADP-ribose, CD38 modulates calcium-mediated signal transduction in many types of cells, including neutrophils and pancreatic beta cells (4, 5).
- Schuber, F. and F.E. Lund (2004) Curr. Mol. Med. 4:249.
- Jackson, D.G. and J.I. Bell (1990) J. Immunol. 144:2811.
- Sun, L. et al. (1999) J. Cell Biol. 146:1161.
- Partida-Sanchez, S. et al. (2001) Nature Med. 7:1209.
- Kato, I. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270:30045.
Citations for Recombinant Human CD38 Protein, CF
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
BST1 regulates nicotinamide riboside metabolism via its glycohydrolase and base-exchange activities
Authors: K Yaku, S Palikhe, H Izumi, T Yoshida, K Hikosaka, F Hayat, M Karim, T Iqbal, Y Nitta, A Sato, ME Migaud, K Ishihara, H Mori, T Nakagawa
Nature Communications, 2021;12(1):6767.
Sample Types: Recombinant Protein
Diverse Functional Autoantibodies in Patients with COVID-19
Authors: EY Wang, T Mao, J Klein, Y Dai, JD Huck, F Liu, NS Zheng, T Zhou, B Israelow, P Wong, C Lucas, J Silva, JE Oh, E Song, ES Perotti, S Fischer, M Campbell, JB Fournier, AL Wyllie, CBF Vogels, IM Ott, CC Kalinich, ME Petrone, AE Watkins, CD Cruz, SF Farhadian, WL Schulz, ND Grubaugh, AI Ko, A Iwasaki, AM Ring
medRxiv : the preprint server for health sciences, 2020;0(0):.
Sample Types: Plasma
Applications: ELISA Capture
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human CD38 Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human CD38 Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human CD38 Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image