Recombinant Human Latent Activin A Protein, CF Summary
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 100 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Recombinant Human Latent Activin A (Catalog # 9129-LA) induces hemoglobin expression in K562 human chronic myelogenous leukemia cells. The ED50 is 0.600-3.60 ng/mL.
Background: Activin A
Activin and Inhibin are members of the TGF-beta superfamily of cytokines and are involved in a wide range of biological processes including tissue morphogenesis and repair, fibrosis, inflammation, neural development, hematopoiesis, reproductive system function, and carcinogenesis (1‑7). Activin and Inhibin are produced as precursor proteins. Their amino terminal propeptides are proteolytically cleaved and facilitate formation of disulfide-linked dimers of the bioactive proteins (8, 9). Activins are nonglycosylated homodimers or heterodimers of various beta subunits ( beta A, beta B, beta C, and beta E in mammals), while Inhibins are heterodimers of a unique alpha subunit and one of the beta subunits. Activin A is a widely expressed homodimer of two beta A chains. The beta A subunit can also heterodimerize with a beta B or beta C subunit to form Activin AB and Activin AC, respectively (10). The 14 kDa mature human beta A chain shares 100% amino acid sequence identity with bovine, feline, mouse, porcine, and rat beta A.
- Kumanov, P. et al. (2005) Reprod. Biomed. Online 10:786.
- Maeshima, A. et al. (2008) Endocr. J. 55:1.
- Rodgarkia-Dara, C. et al. (2006) Mutat. Res. 613:123.
- Werner, S. and C. Alzheimer (2006) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 17:157.
- Xu, P. and A.K. Hall (2006) Dev. Biol. 299:303.
- Shav-Tal, Y. and D. Zipori (2002) Stem Cells 20:493.
- Chen, Y.G. et al. (2006) Exp. Biol. Med. 231:534.
- Gray, A.M. and A.J. Mason (1990) Science 247:1328.
- Mason, A.J. et al. (1996) Mol. Endocrinol. 10:1055.
- Thompson, T.B. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 225:9.
- Harrison, C.A. et al. (2005) Trends Endocrinol. Metab. 16:73.
- Onichtchouk, D. et al. (1999) Nature 401:480.
- Gray, P.C. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 188:254.
- Kelber, J.A. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 283:4490.
- Phillips, D.J. et al. (1997) J. Endocrinol. 155:65.
- Schneyer, A. et al. (2003) Endocrinology 144:1671.
- Ghorbani-Dalini, S. et al. (2020) 3 Biotech. 10:215.
- Mennen, R. H. et al. (2022) Reprod Toxicol. 107:44.
- Mishra, S. et al. (2021) Stem Cells. 39:551.
- Tanigawa, S. et al. (2019) Stem Cell Reports 13:322.
- Cangkrama, M. et al. (2020) Trends Mol. Med. 26:1107.
- Ries, A. et al. (2020) Expert Opin. Ther. Targets. 24:985.
- Pinjusic, K. et al. (2022) J. Immunother. Cancer. 10:e004533.
- Dadheech, N. et al. (2020) Stem Cell Res. Ther. 11:327.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Human Latent Activin A Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human Latent Activin A Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human Latent Activin A Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image