Recombinant Mouse Mesothelin (aa 298-600) His Protein, CF Summary
Asp298-Ser600, with a C-terminal 6-His tag
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with trehalose.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 250 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Mesothelin, also known as CAK1 and ERC, is derived from a 70 kDa precursor that also includes Megakaryocyte Potentiating Factor (MPF) (1-3). The 70 kDa precursor is expressed on the cell surface where it is cleaved at a dibasic proteolytic site to release the 32 kDa glycosylated MPF (3, 4). MPF is a cytokine that potentiates IL-3 induced megakaryocyte colony formation (2, 5). The term Mesothelin refers to the 40 kDa glycosylated protein which remains attached to the cell surface via a GPI linkage. Mesothelin is normally expressed on mesothelial cells in the pleura, pericardium, and peritoneum as well as in the developing and postnatal pancreas (1, 6). It is up-regulated in mesotheliomas and a range of carcinomas and adenomas (7-10). Mesothelin promotes tumor cell proliferation, migration, anchorage-independent growth, and tumor progression, in part through the up-regulation of MMP-7 (9, 11, 12). It is co-expressed with the tumor antigen CA125/MUC16 on advanced ovarian adenocarcinomas and interacts with this molecule to support cell adhesion (13). A soluble form of Mesothelin, with its GPI anchor intact, is released from tumor cells and binds to MMR/CD206 on macrophages (10, 14-16).
- Hassan, R. et al. (2004) Clin. Cancer Res. 10:3937.
- Kojima, T. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270:21984.
- Chang, K. and I. Pastan (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 93:136.
- Onda, M. et al. (2006) Clin. Cancer Res. 12:4225.
- Yamaguchi, N. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:805.
- Hou, L.-Q. et al. (2008) Develop. Growth Differ. 50:531.
- Ordonez, N.G. (2003) Mod. Pathol. 16:192.
- Argani, P. et al. (2001) Clin. Cancer Res. 7:3862.
- Li, M. et al. (2008) Mol. Cancer Ther. 7:286.
- Scholler, N. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 96:11531.
- Uehara, N. et al. (2008) Mol. Cancer Res. 6:186.
- Chang, M.-C. et al. (2012) Biochem. J. 442:293.
- Rump, A. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:9190.
- Ho, M. and M.O. Lively (2006) Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 15:1751.
- Robinson, B.W.S. et al. (2003) Lancet 362:1612.
- Dangaj, D. et al. (2011) PLoS ONE 6:e28386.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Reviews for Recombinant Mouse Mesothelin (aa 298-600) His Protein, CF
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 3 Reviews)
Have you used Recombinant Mouse Mesothelin (aa 298-600) His Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image