MimEX™ Tissue Model Systems provide a robust system to generate accessible ex vivo 3-D tissue from epithelial-derived organs. This short video focuses on tips to optimize the differentiation of MimEX™ Tissue in an air-liquid interface. This includes helpful information on harvesting adult stem cells for differentiation, optimizing the setup of transwell inserts, and monitoring and identifying successful versus unsuccessful differentiation in the air-liquid interface system.
In this protocol you will learn:
- Optimal harvesting density of adult stem cells
- Ideal structure of a healthy adult stem cell colony
- Troubleshooting fibroblast contamination when isolating adult stem cells from biopsy tissue
- Tips for working with transwell inserts
- Expected cytoarchitectural changes...