While R&D Systems builds Quantikine ELISA kits to be robust in the hands of even inexperienced users, there are several tips and tricks that can help even the experienced user get the most from their assay. Bio-Techne has designed a poster to display in your lab for quick and easy viewing.
Learn About Our ELISA Techniques
1) Make sure all reagents are brought to room temperature before using (unless instructed to keep them cool)
2) If you are not going to run the entire plate, ensure that the remaining strips are sealed in the plate bag with the desiccant to prevent moisture from degrading the plate.
3) For standards that are not single use, it is best to aliquot the remaining standard into smaller volumes and freeze. This allows you to avoid repeated freeze-thaws.
4) Multichannel pipettes speed the ability to plate your standard and samples and lead to more consistent reseults.
5) When pipetting, dispense liquid with the pipette tips held at an angle and not touching the bottom of the well.
6) While it is not necessary to change your pipette tips between each replicate, it is recommended that you change them between different samples or standards to prevent contamination.
7) It is highly recommended that a plate washer is used as manual plate washing can lead to higher backgrounds.
8) When washing plates, either manually or with a plate washer, be sure to give the wash buffer time to work by adding a 30 second soak time in between washes.
9) Pay close attention to the incubation times. As a general guide the incubation time should not vary by more than +/-5 minutes per hour of incubation time.
10) If the assay calls for incubation in a cold environment, at 2-8°C, and you are running multiple assays, do not stack the plates on top of each other instead placing them individually on the shelf.
ELISA Kits, Controls and Services
- ELISA Kit Formats
- View all ELISA Kits
- Coated Quantikine ELISA Kits
- DuoSet ELISA Development Kits
- Competitive Parameter ELISA Kits
- ELISA Controls
- Cytokine ELISA Kits
- Custom Assay Services
ELISA Protocols, Assay Principles and Guides
- 10 Best ELISA Practices and Techniques
- ELISA Data Analysis Guide
- Troubleshooting Guide: ELISA Development
- Help & FAQs: ELISAs
- ELISA Sample Preparation Guide
ELISA Kit 101: Introduction to the ELISA Technique
ELISA Articles and Additional Resources
Why choose R&D Systems ELISA Kits?
- Quantikine® ELISA Validation: Making the Industry Gold Standard
- R&D Systems® ELISA Kits: Quality Manufacturing and Evaluation of Performance
- 5 Reasons Why the R&D Systems® Human Amyloid beta (aa1-40) and (aa1-42) Quantikine® ELISA Kits are the Best Kits on the Market
- Bio-Techne’s Ella Added to BioAgilytix Portfolio of Industry-Leading Immunoassay Platforms
- Quantikine ELISA Validation: Making the Industry Gold Standard
- R&D Systems® Immunoassays and Luminex® Instruments Video
- Immunoassay Solutions (pdf)
- Soluble B7-H1/PD-L1 Levels in Multiple Cancer Subtypes: High Sensitivity Measurement by Immunoassay
- Improved Sensitivity of Vitamin D BP ELISA Kits
- A New Immunoassay for Detecting Anti-Zika Virus IgG with Very Low Dengue Cross-Reactivity
- A Novel, Quantitative, Multi-analyte Immunoassay to Detect Biomarkers Involved in Lung Disease
- A Novel Quantitative Multianalyte Immunoassay to Detect Peripheral Blood Biomarkers Following Traumatic Brain Injury