Human Complement Component C1s Biotinylated Antibody
Human Complement Component C1s Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # P09871
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Complement Component C1s
The classical complement pathway plays a major role in innate immunity against infection. This pathway is triggered by C1, a multimolecular complex composed of the recognition protein C1q and two serine proteases, C1r and C1s. Following the C1q recognition, C1r is autoactivated, and in turn activates C1s, which cleaves C4 and C2, the C1 substrates (1). Both C1r and C1s activation involve cleavage of a specific Arg-Ile bond, converting single-chain proenzymes into active proteases of disulfide bond-linked chains (A and B) (2). The A chains contain multiple domains in the order of CUB1-EGF-CUB2-CCP1-CCP2-Activation Peptide. The B chains contain the serine protease catalytic domain. The full-length (amino acid residues 1‑688) of human C1s was expressed (3‑5). The purified protein corresponded to the processed active form, with A and B chains starting at residue Glu16 and Ile438, respectively.
- Arlaud, G.J. et al. (2002) Biochem. Soc. Trans. 30:1001.
- Lacroix, M. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:36233.
- Tosi, M. et al. (1987) Biochemistry 26:8516.
- Mackinnon, C.M. et al. (1987) Eur. J. Biochem. 169:547.
- Kusumoto, H. et al. (1988) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 85:7307.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Complement Component C1s Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Complement Component C1s Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Complement Component C1s Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image