Human DEP-1/CD148 Alexa Fluor® 647-conjugated Antibody Summary
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
Density Enhanced Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (DEP-1), also known as CD148, HPTP-eta, and PTP receptor type J (PTPRJ), is an enzyme that removes phosphate groups covalently attached to tyrosine residues in proteins. A large (220 kDa) glycoprotein found at the cell surface, DEP-1 levels are increased with high cell density (1). DEP-1 phosphatase activity is enhanced by basement membrane proteins (2), suggesting it is involved in regulating cell adhesion and contact interactions. High levels of expression dampen PDGF (3), VEGF (4), and T‑cell receptor (5) responses. DEP-1 is widely expressed in tissues, particularly ones forming epithelioid monolayers (6). In the immune system, DEP-1 is found on all cell lineages and is highest on granulocytes (7). Dep-1 is the mutated gene in the Susceptibility to Colon Cancer locus Scc1, which is altered in many human colorectal adenomas (8). Gene knockout mice lacking DEP-1 die at midgestation due to failures in cardiovascular development (9). DEP-1 dephosphorylates a variety of proteins, including the HGF (10), PDGF (11), and VEGF (4) receptors, and beta-catenin (12). The recombinant protein is the intracellular region of DEP-1 containing the catalytic domain.
- Ostman, A. et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:9680.
- Sorby, M. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20:5219.
- Jandt, E. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22:4175.
- Lampugnani, M.G. et al. (2003) J. Cell Biol. 161:793.
- Baker, J.E. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell. Biol. 21:2393.
- Borges, L.G. et al. (1996) Circ. Res. 79:570.
- de la Fuente-Garcia, M.A. et al. (1998) Blood 91:2800.
- Ruivenkamp, C.A. et al. (2002) Nat. Genet. 31:295.
- Takahashi, T. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell. Biol. 23:1817.
- Palka, H.L. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:5728.
- Kovalenko, M. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:16219.
- Holsinger, L.J. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21:7067.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human DEP-1/CD148 Alexa Fluor® 647-conjugated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human DEP-1/CD148 Alexa Fluor® 647-conjugated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human DEP-1/CD148 Alexa Fluor® 647-conjugated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image