Human DNAM-1/CD226 Alexa Fluor® 405-conjugated Antibody
Human DNAM-1/CD226 Alexa Fluor® 405-conjugated Antibody Summary
Accession # Q15762
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
DNAX accessory molecule-1 (DNAM-1), also known as CD226, is a 65 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein in the immunoglobulin superfamily (1). Mature human DNAM-1 contains a 236 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with two Ig-like C2-set domains and a 61 aa cytoplasmic region that contains motifs for binding PDZ domains and band 4.1 family proteins (1, 2). Within the ECD, human DNAM-1 shares 50% and 52% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat DNAM-1, respectively. DNAM-1 is expressed on multiple lymphoid and myeloid cell types and interacts with CD155/PVR and Nectin-2/CD112 (3, 4). Ligation of DNAM-1 promotes the activation of NK cells, CD8+ T cells, and mast cells (2‑6), dendritic cell maturation, megakaryocyte and activated platelet adhesion to vascular endothelial cells, and monocyte extravasation; it inhibits the formation of osteoclasts (7‑10). Platelet-endothelium interactions mediated by DNAM-1 enable the metastasis of tumor cells to the lung (11). In activated, but not in resting NK, T, and mast cells, the cis association of DNAM-1 with CD18 contributes to the tyrosine and serine phosphorylation of DNAM-1 during activation (6, 9, 12‑14).
- Fuchs, A. and M. Colonna (2006) Semin. Cancer Biol. 16:359.
- Shibuya, A. et al. (1996) Immunity 4:573.
- Bottino, C. et al. (2003) J. Exp. Med. 198:557.
- Tahara-Hanaoka, S. et al. (2004) Int. Immunol. 16:533.
- Dardalhon, V. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 175:1558.
- Bachelet, I. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:27190.
- Reymond, N. et al. (2004) J. Exp. Med. 199:1331.
- Kakehi, S. et al. (2007) Mol. Cell. Biochem. 301:209.
- Kojima, H. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:36748.
- Tahara-Hanaoka, S. et al. (2006) Blood 107:1491.
- Morimoto, K. et al. (2007) Oncogene July 16 epub.
- Shibuya, K. et al. (1999) Immunity 11:615.
- Shibuya, K. et al. (2003) J. Exp. Med. 198:1829.
- Shibuya, A. et al. (1998) J. Immunol. 166:1671.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human DNAM-1/CD226 Alexa Fluor® 405-conjugated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human DNAM-1/CD226 Alexa Fluor® 405-conjugated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human DNAM-1/CD226 Alexa Fluor® 405-conjugated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image