Human EMMPRIN/CD147 Biotinylated Antibody
Human EMMPRIN/CD147 Biotinylated Antibody Summary
Accession # Q54A51
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Extracellular matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) inducer (EMMPRIN), also known as basigin and CD147, is a 44-66 kDa, variably glycosylated, type I transmembrane protein that belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily (1-4). Human EMMPRIN is 269 amino acids (aa) in length and contains a 24 aa signal sequence, a 183 aa extracellular domain (ECD), a 21 aa transmembrane (TM) domain and a 41 aa intracellular domain. The ECD contains one C2-type and one V-type Ig-like domain. There is one 385 aa splice variant that contains an extra N-terminal IgCAM domain and is found only in the retina (5). mRNA transcripts, but not protein, have been reported for additional 432, 388, 205, 176, and 174 aa variants.
EMMPRIN is expressed in areas of tissue remodeling, including tumors, endometrium, placenta, skin, and regions undergoing angiogenesis (1, 2, 6-9). It is also expressed in cells with high metabolic activity, such as lymphoblasts, macrophages and tumor cells (2, 10). On cells with elevated metabolic rates, EMMPRIN is often co-expressed with the amino acid transporter CD98h (11). EMMPRIN also interacts with caveolin-1 (via its C2-like domain), and this reduces the level of EMMPRIN glycosylation and subsequent EMMPRIN multimerization and activity (12). EMMPRIN’s TM sequence contains a Glu and a Pro which are important for intracellular interactions with cyclophilins (CyP) (3, 13, 14). CyPA (cyclosporin A receptor) and CyP60 interactions with the TM segment promote leukocyte inflammatory chemotaxis and surface expression of EMMPRIN, respectively (13, 14). An active 22 kDa fragment can be shed from tumor cells by MT1-MMP (1). Tumor cells can also release active, full-length EMMPRIN in microvesicles (15, 16). Functionally, EMMPRIN is known to induce urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), VEGF, hyaluronan, and multiple MMPs (1, 2, 7, 8, 9). Human EMMPRIN (269 aa) shows 58%, 58%, 62%, and 52% aa identity with mouse, rat, bovine, and chicken EMMPRIN, respectively. It also shows 25% and 38% aa identity with the related proteins, embigin and neuroplastin (SDR-1), respectively (4).
- Gabison, E.E. et al. (2005) Biochimie 87:361.
- Yurchenko, V. et al. (2006) Immunology 117:301.
- Kasinrerk, W. et al. (1992) J. Immunol. 149:847.
- Miyauchi, T. et al. (1991) J. Biochem. 110:770.
- Hanna, S.M. et al. (2003) BMC Biochem. 4:17.
- Riethdorf, S. et al. (2006) Int. J. Cancer 119:1800.
- Braundmeier, A.G. et al. (2006) J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 91:2358.
- Tang, Y. et al. (2006) Mol. Cancer Res. 4:371.
- Quemener, C. et al. (2007) Cancer Res. 67:9.
- Wilson, M.C. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:27213.
- Xu, D. and M.E. Hemler (2005) Mol. Cell. Proteomics 4:1061.
- Tang, W. et al. (2004) Mol. Biol. Cell 15:4043.
- Arora, K. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 175:517.
- Pushkarsky, T. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:27866.
- Egawa, N. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:37576.
- Sidhu, S.S. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23:956.
Citations for Human EMMPRIN/CD147 Biotinylated Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
Combined cell surface carbonic anhydrase 9 and CD147 antigens enable high-efficiency capture of circulating tumor cells in clear cell renal cell carcinoma patients
Authors: S Liu, Z Tian, L Zhang, S Hou, S Hu, J Wu, Y Jing, H Sun, F Yu, L Zhao, R Wang, HR Tseng, HE Zhau, LW Chung, K Wu, H Wang, JB Wu, Y Nie, C Shao
Sample Types: Plasma
Applications: Functional Assay
Oxidized low-density lipoproteins stimulate extracellular matrix metalloproteinase Inducer (EMMPRIN) release by coronary smooth muscle cells.
Authors: Haug C, Lenz C, Diaz F, Bachem MG
Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol., 2004;24(10):1823-9.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
Applications: ELISA Development
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Supplemental Cell Selection Products
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human EMMPRIN/CD147 Biotinylated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human EMMPRIN/CD147 Biotinylated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human EMMPRIN/CD147 Biotinylated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image