Human FOLR1 Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Saliva, Urine, Human Milk
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of FOLR1 spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||98||94-107|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||95||84-106|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||96||82-105|
Human FOLR1 ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Folate Receptor 1 (FOLR1), also known as Folate Receptor alpha and Folate Binding Protein (FBP), is a 37-42 kDa protein that mediates the cellular uptake of folic acid and reduced folates. Dietary folates are required for many key metabolic processes including nucleotide and methionine synthesis, the interconversion of glycine and serine, and histidine breakdown. Mature FOLR1 is an N-glycosylated protein that is anchored to the cell surface by a GPI linkage. Human FOLR1 shares 83 percent amino acid sequence identity with mouse and rat FOLR1. FOLR1 is predominantly expressed on epithelial cells and is dramatically up-regulated on many carcinomas. It is critically required during early embryogenesis as shown in knockout mice which die in utero with gross morphological defects. FOLR1 is internalized to the endosomal system where it dissociates from its ligand before recycling to the cell surface. A soluble form of FOLR1 can be proteolytically shed from the cell surface into the serum and breast milk.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 100 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 200 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 200 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human FOLR1 Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human FOLR1 Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Human FOLR1 Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image