Human ICAM-1/CD54 Non Allele-specific Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Urine
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of human ICAM-1 spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||103||96-117|
Human ICAM-1/CD54 Non Allele-specific ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
ICAM-1 (intercellular adhesion molecule-1), also known as CD54, is a transmembrane protein that is upregulated on endothelial and epithelial cells at sites of inflammation. It mediates the vascular adhesion and paracellular migration of leukocytes expressing activated LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18) and Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18). It also binds several non-integrin ligands including CD43/Sialophorin, Fibrinogen, Hyaluronan, rhinoviruses, and Plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocytes. Soluble ICAM-1 promotes angiogenesis and serves an indicator of vascular endothelial cell activation or damage. Elevated levels of soluble ICAM-1 are associated with cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, organ transplant dysfunction, oxidant stress, increased abdominal fat mass, hypertension, liver disease, certain malignancies, and cerebral malaria.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 100 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 1 hour on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 200 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 1 hour on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 200 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citation for Human ICAM-1/CD54 Non Allele-specific Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Femoral Artery Atherosclerosis Is Associated With Physical Function Across the Spectrum of the Ankle-Brachial Index: The San Diego Population Study
Authors: CL Wassel, AM Ellis, NC Suder, E Barinas-Mi, DE Rifkin, NI Forbang, JO Denenberg, AM Marasco, BJ McQuaide, NS Jenny, MA Allison, JH Ix, MH Criqui
J Am Heart Assoc, 2017;6(7):.
Sample Types: Plasma
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human ICAM-1/CD54 Non Allele-specific Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human ICAM-1/CD54 Non Allele-specific Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Human ICAM-1/CD54 Non Allele-specific Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image