Human MBL Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of MBL spiked to various levels throughout the range of the assay was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Supernates (n=6)||113||106-117|
Human MBL ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Mannan binding lectin (MBL) belongs to the collectin family of innate immune defense proteins, which bind an array of carbohydrate patterns on pathogen surfaces. Collectin family members share several common structural features including a N-terminal, cysteine-rich domain, a collagen-like region, an alpha-helical coiled-coil neck domain and a C-terminal, C-type (Ca2+-dependent ) lectin or carbohydrate recognition domain. MBL homotrimerizes to form a structural unit joined by N-terminal disulfide bonds. These homotrimers further associate into oligomeric structures of up to six units.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 50 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 100 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 100 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 100 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Human MBL Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
Association between mannose-binding lectin variants, haplotypes and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma: A case-control study
Sci Rep, 2016;6(0):32147.
Sample Types: Plasma
Mannose binding lectin is required for alphavirus-induced arthritis/myositis.
Authors: Gunn BM, Morrison TE, Whitmore AC
PLoS Pathog., 2012;8(3):e1002586.
Sample Types: Serum
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human MBL Quantikine ELISA Kit
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human MBL Quantikine ELISA Kit and earn rewards!
Have you used Human MBL Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image