Human Mesothelin Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma, Saliva, Urine
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of Mesothelin spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=8)||104||91-113|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||97||88-109|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||97||86-112|
Human Mesothelin ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Mesothelin, also known as CAK1 and ERC, is derived from a precursor that also includes Megakaryocyte Potentiating Factor (MPF). Following cleavage of the precursor, Mesothelin remains attached to the cell surface via a GPI linkage. Mesothelin is normally expressed on mesothelial cells in the pleura, pericardium, and peritoneum as well as in the developing and postnatal pancreas. It is upregulated in mesotheliomas and a range of carcinomas and adenomas. Mesothelin promotes tumor cell proliferation, migration, anchorage-independent growth, and tumor progression.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 100 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 200 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 200 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 50 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Human Mesothelin Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 3
Filter your results:
Low serum mesothelin in pancreatic cancer patients results from retention of shed mesothelin in the tumor microenvironment
Authors: X Zhang, Y Yu, CJ Peer, R Landsman, N Skorupan, L Cao, C Alewine
Translational Oncology, 2022;21(0):101440.
Sample Types: Serum
Assessment of potential predictors of calretinin and mesothelin to improve the diagnostic performance to detect malignant mesothelioma: results from a population-based cohort study
Authors: S Casjens, DG Weber, G Johnen, I Raiko, D Taeger, C Meinig, S Moebus, KH Jöckel, T Brüning, B Pesch
BMJ Open, 2017;7(10):e017104.
Sample Types: Plasma
Expansion of anti-mesothelin specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cell responses in patients with pancreatic carcinoma.
Authors: Chen Y, Ayaru L, Mathew S, Morris E, Pereira S, Behboudi S
PLoS ONE, 2014;9(2):e88133.
Sample Types: Plasma
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human Mesothelin Quantikine ELISA Kit
Average Rating: 4 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human Mesothelin Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image