Mouse IL-34 Quantikine ELISA Kit Summary
Cell Culture Supernates, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Heparin Plasma
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
The recovery of IL-34 spiked to levels throughout the range of the assay in various matrices was evaluated.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell Culture Media (n=4)||98||92-103|
|EDTA Plasma (n=4)||100||85-109|
|Heparin Plasma (n=4)||103||99-110|
Mouse IL-34 ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Interleukin 34 (IL-34; also known as uncharacterized protein C16orf77) is secreted as a homodimer consisting of 39 kDa monomers. It belongs to no known cytokine family. Human IL-34 is synthesized as a 242 amino acid (aa) precursor that contains a 20 aa signal sequence and a 222 aa mature chain. The mature chain contains one potential site of N-linked glycosylation. Human IL-34 is 71% identical to mouse IL-34 on the amino acid level.
IL-34 is expressed in various tissues, including the heart, brain, liver, kidney, spleen, thymus, testes, ovary, small intestine, prostate, and colon, and is most abundant in the spleen. The receptor for IL-34 is colony-stimulating factor 1 receptor (CSF-1R). IL-34 stimulates monocyte proliferation. In functional studies, IL-34, like CSF-1, the other ligand for CSF-1R, stimulated phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase-1 and -2 (ERK1/2) in human monocytes. In addition, IL-34 promoted the formation of the colony-forming unit-macrophage (CFU-M), a macrophage progenitor, in human bone marrow cultures.
Assay ProcedureRefer to the product
- Prepare all reagents, standard dilutions, and samples as directed in the product insert.
- Remove excess microplate strips from the plate frame, return them to the foil pouch containing the desiccant pack, and reseal.
- Add 50 µL of Assay Diluent to each well.
- Add 50 µL of Standard, Control, or sample to each well. Cover with a plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on a horizontal orbital microplate shaker.
- Aspirate each well and wash, repeating the process 3 times for a total of 4 washes.
- Add 100 µL of Conjugate to each well. Cover with a new plate sealer, and incubate at room temperature for 2 hours on the shaker.
- Aspirate and wash 4 times.
- Add 100 µL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes on the benchtop. PROTECT FROM LIGHT.
- Add 100 µL of Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 minutes. Set wavelength correction to 540 nm or 570 nm.
Citations for Mouse IL-34 Quantikine ELISA Kit
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 2
Filter your results:
Reno-protective effect of IL-34 inhibition on cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in mice
Authors: Y Wada, M Iyoda, K Matsumoto, T Suzuki, S Tachibana, N Kanazawa, H Honda
PLoS ONE, 2021;16(1):e0245340.
Sample Types: Serum
M-CSF Mediates Host Defense during Bacterial Pneumonia by Promoting the Survival of Lung and Liver Mononuclear Phagocytes
J Immunol, 2016;0(0):.
Sample Types: Tissue Homogenates
Assay Diluent RD1-63 contains visible precipitate. Is this acceptable to use?
A small amount of precipitate is expected and acceptable in Assay Diluent RD1-63. Variability has been observed between vials and diluent lots. It may not fully resolubilize but this will not impact assay performance. It is not recommended to filter the precipitate.
Reviews for Mouse IL-34 Quantikine ELISA Kit
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Mouse IL-34 Quantikine ELISA Kit?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image