Mouse IL-7R alpha/CD127 Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Antibody Summary
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of IL‑7 R alpha /CD127 in Mouse Splenocytes by Flow Cytometry. Mouse splenocytes were stained with Rat Anti-Mouse CD3 APC-conjugated Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # FAB4841A) and either (A) Rat Anti-Mouse IL-7 Ra/CD127 Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # FAB47742G) or (B) Rat IgG2AAlexa Fluor 488 Isotype Control (Catalog # IC006G). View our protocol for Staining Membrane-associated Proteins.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, 2 to 8 °C as supplied.
Background: IL-7R alpha/CD127
Interleukin 7 Receptor alpha (IL-7 R alpha ), also known as CD127, is a 75 kDa hematopoietin receptor superfamily member that plays an important role in lymphocyte differentiation, proliferation, and survival (1, 2). Mature mouse IL-7 R alpha consists of a 219 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with one fibronectin type III domain and a WSxWS motif, a 25 aa transmembrane segment, and a 195 aa cytoplasmic domain (3). Within the ECD, mouse IL-7 R alpha shares 67% and 79% aa sequence identity with human and rat IL-7 R alpha, respectively. IL-7 R alpha associates with the common gamma chain ( gamma c) to form the functional high affinity IL-7 receptor complex (4). The gamma c is also a subunit of the receptors for IL-2, -4, -9, -15, and -21. Human and mouse IL-7 show cross-species activity through the IL-7 receptor (3, 5). IL-7 R alpha is expressed on double negative (CD4-CD8-) and CD4+ or CD8+ single positive T cells as well as on CD8+ memory T cells and their precursors (6, 7). It is expressed early in B cell development, prior to the appearance of surface IgM (6). In mice, IL-7 activation of IL-7 R alpha is critical for both T cell and B cell lineage development (8). In humans it is required for T cell but not for B cell development (9). IL-7 induces the down regulation and shedding of cell surface IL-7 R alpha (10). IL-7 R alpha additionally associates with TSLP R to form the functional receptor for thymic stromal lymphopoietin (11, 12). TSLP indirectly regulates T cell development by modulating dendritic cell activation (2, 13). Knockout of TSLP R in mice provokes minor changes in B and T cell development compared to those seen with IL-7 R alpha deletion (8, 14). The complexity of IL-7 R alpha biology is suggested by the competition between IL-7 and TSLP for receptor binding and by the ability of IL-7 R alpha to form functional complexes with SCF R and HGF R (11, 12, 15, 16).
- Mazzucchelli, R. and S.K. Durum, 2007, Nat. Rev. Immunol. 7:144.
- Liu, Y.-J. et al. (2007) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 25:193.
- Goodwin, R.G. et al. (1990) Cell 60:941.
- Noguchi, M. et al. (1993) Science 262:1877.
- Barata, J.T. et al. (2006), Exp. Hematol. 34:1133.
- Sudo, T. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 90:9125.
- Kaech, S.M. et al. (2003) Nat. Immunol. 4:1191.
- Peschon, J.J. et al. (1994) J. Exp. Med. 180:1955.
- Prieyl, J.A. and T.W. LeBien (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 93:10348.
- Vranjkovic, A. et al. (2007) Int. Immunol. 19:1329.
- Park, L.S. et al. (2000) J. Exp. Med. 192:659.
- Pandey, A. et al. (2000) Nat. Immunol. 1:59.
- Reche, P.A. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 167:336.
- Al-Shami, A. et al. (2004) J. Exp. Med. 200:159.
- Jahn, T. et al. (2007) Blood 110:1840.
- Lai, L. et al. (2006) Blood 107:1776.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse IL-7R alpha/CD127 Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse IL-7R alpha/CD127 Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse IL-7R alpha/CD127 Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image