Mouse KLRG1 Alexa Fluor® 700-conjugated Antibody
Mouse KLRG1 Alexa Fluor® 700-conjugated Antibody Summary
Accession # O88713
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
KLRG1 (Killer cell Lectin‑like Receptor G1), also called MAFA (Mast cell Function Associated), is an inhibitory type II transmembrane glycoprotein of the C‑type lectin family, designated CLEC15A (1). Mature mouse KLRG1 consists of a 33 amino acid (aa) cytoplasmic domain with one Immunoreceptor Tyrosine‑based Inhibitory Motif (ITIM), a 23 aa transmembrane segment, and a 132 aa extracellular domain (ECD) with one C‑type lectin domain (CTLD) (2). Within the ECD, mouse KLRG1 shares 57% and 80% aa sequence identity with human and rat KLRG1, respectively. Alternate splicing generates additional isoforms of mouse KLRG1 that lack either the CTLD or the CTLD, transmembrane segment, and a portion of the cytoplasmic domain (3). KLRG1 is expressed as a 30 ‑ 40 kDa N‑glycosylated molecule that forms disulfide‑linked homodimers, trimers, and tetramers (4, 5). It is expressed on subpopulations of CD8+, CD4+, regulatory, and gamma/delta T cells as well as on NK cells (2, 4, 6 ‑ 8). KLRG1 is expressed on T cells found in cord blood, but it is down‑regulated postnatally and is subsequently re‑expressed on antigen‑exposed T cells (7, 9). It is expressed by a greater proportion of CD8+ T cells in the elderly and by virus‑specific CD8+ T cells during chronic virus infection (10 ‑ 12). KLRG1 binds to E-, N-, and R-Cadherins, triggering ITIM‑dependent KLRG1 signaling and inhibition of T cell activation (5, 13, 14). The response is bi‑directional, as KLRG1 binding to E‑Cadherin on dendritic cells (DC) can induce an anti‑inflammatory DC phenotype (increased IL‑10 production and decreased IL‑6 and TNF‑ alpha production) (15).
- Henson, S.M. and A.N. Akbar (2009) Age 31:285.
- Hanke, T. et al. (1998) Eur. J. Immunol. 28:4409.
- Voehringer, D. et al. (2001) Immunogenetics 52:206.
- Corral, L. et al. (2000) Eur. J. Immunol. 30:920.
- Rosshart, S. et al. (2008) Eur. J. Immunol. 38:3354.
- Voehringer, D. et al. (2002) Blood 100:3698.
- Beyersdorf, N. et al. (2007) Eur. J. Immunol. 37:3445.
- Eberl, M. et al. (2005) J. Leukoc. Biol. 77:67.
- Marcolino, I. et al. (2004) Eur. J. Immunol. 34:2672.
- Ouyang, Q. et al. (2003) Exp. Gerontol. 38:911.
- Thimme, R. et al. (2005) J. Virol. 79:12112.
- Cush, S.S. and E. Flano (2011) J. Immunol. 186:4051.
- Ito, M. et al. (2006) J. Exp. Med. 203:289.
- Tessmer, M.S. et al. (2007) Int. Immunol. 19:391.
- Banh, C. et al. (2009) Blood 114:5299.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse KLRG1 Alexa Fluor® 700-conjugated Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse KLRG1 Alexa Fluor® 700-conjugated Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse KLRG1 Alexa Fluor® 700-conjugated Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image